City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
BlueSiam said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Sorry Tbilisi:-
For me as good as 1976 was it didn't come close to 2011. 1976 was the first time I'd actually seen City win a major trophy in the flesh
and I was 14 (15 the following month) so it was great and I knew it would be the first of many. We used to discuss at school how we
would feel when we won the league because it was only a matter of time. Well we all know what happened don't we? The nightmare
of 1981 haunted me for 30 years, the relegations, especially when we went into the third tier, the ritual derby match humiliations
and all the rest including York away which Tbilisi did attend (I was with him) meant that when I saw us finally win the FA Cup at aged 50
it easily surpassed 1976. I'd say 2011 was the happiest day of my life as the 35 year wait was over. At times during those years I
started to wonder if I'd ever see us win anything meaningful again. 2012 was different. It was more like a lifetime's mission was
finally complete. In many ways it was more satisfying than 2011 but it didn't leave me feeling as elated (okay it wasn't bad when
Aguero scored!). We won the trophies in the right order and both 2011 & 2012 piss on 1976.

Others have said this but we have got to be aware just how up for this game Sunderland fans will be. They've been through the same
sort of things we had prior to 2011
. I fully expect them to outnumber us because they will have begged, stolen and borrowed every
available ticket from every imaginable source. It should be a great day but both our team and fans need to be up for this match if we
don't want a repetition of last May.

They have indeed been there before. FA Cup against Leeds, I think in 1973. Huge underdogs and won 1-0 with an Ian Porterfield goal.

We are now something like the Giants that Leeds were in '73. I think given the Wigan loss last year, we won't be complacent, but let's not forget what has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. Take no prisoners lads...tribute to Mickey Doyle and then put 'em to the sword!!!

Has a top 4 side ever lost two cup finals in consecutive seasons to sides that were or are in relegation positions?

I really hope this is not another record we break on Sunday!

Their fans will be mad for this match and will inevitably make a lot of noise, I just think its absolutely vital we get the first goal as early as possible and silence the crowd.
I so hope we turn up for this match, lose and our players will capitulate in my opinion.

Sergio is a best big game player, he needs to rise to the occasion again! Come on Sergio!!

I wish I hadnt read this post....going back to bed..fuck everything.. ;)

Don't hold fond memories about the League Cup, the two semis vs Liverpool back in 1981 my first League Cup-games in the flesh. Thinking back I still can't believe we didn't get to the final. And just as I thought the FA-cup final later that year was making up for that, the dramatic way we lost that one to Spurs spoiled it all.

It'll be great to be back at Wembley. I think the two teams who play the final absolutely deserved to be in it, moreso for taking the competition seriously. It will be huge when we win it for the remainder of the season. I'd play the best possible team, but would have no problems if Pellegrini picks out Pantilimon and Lescott for this one. If Milner is fit I'd play him too. The rest of the team picks itself I guess.

Happy to play Sunderland as their fans will be much more up for it than the London-based rags. I think it'll be a copy of the FA-cup final vs Stoke in 2011. Hopefully with the same result. Having the better players and being clear favourites doesn't always help to win it, let alone our poor record vs Sunderland.

I'm up to it, despite the many visits to Wembley lately. Everyone out there as well, have a great day.

Good luck for the game on Sunday goes without saying i will be routing for you. Please please please don't let the mackems win i couldnt bare it.

38 years to the day since you beat us in the final i am taking this to be a good omen for you. Come on City!!

The difference this time is that the team will be pumped up not to lose like last time out, they will be hungry to win and they will be set up in the best way to win. They will press Sunderland high up the pitch and they will expose their weakness. Sunderland have proved they can battle and fight to the end and we will have learnt from our defeat earlier in the season. Pellegrini will be well up for this game, he will set us up correctly, the preparation will be meticulous and if we play with the desire we have in other games this season we should win this.

don,t usualy do any of that coincidence ,superstioncrap .but has anyone else noticed sundays game is 40 years to the day of the wolves final.

disley blue boy said:
don,t usualy do any of that coincidence ,superstioncrap .but has anyone else noticed sundays game is 40 years to the day of the wolves final.

;-) and not a single City player born then, don't think it will impact on Sunday's result mate, we are by far the best team in the league and whilst we suffered against Wigan, the circumstances are entirely different this time and I can see us winning this very comfortably Indeed.

Blue Til Death said:
disley blue boy said:

;-) and not a single City player born then, don't think it will impact on Sunday's result mate, we are by far the best team in the league and whilst we suffered against Wigan, the circumstances are entirely different this time and I can see us winning this very comfortably Indeed.
thanks I just need reassuring

Sunderland fan in peace(as always)
just dropped by to express my wish for a good all round final, lets show the watching millions how football fans can get along.
I'm really looking forward to a great weekend hopefully sharing a few beers and some good crack with true blue supporters

wonder who'll be getting one over their neighbours come the final whistle, will the ragheads be getting it or will it be the horse punchers

enjoy your day but obviously not too much

HAWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.