City v Sunderland Pre Match Thread (CoC Final)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rnblade said:
Still think Demichellis is the weak link and will cost us the trophy. AJ will target him all the time.
Can't see that happening. In the last Sunderland match Micah, Lescott and Demi were in the back line, with no Vinny. AJ didn't manage to exploit it then. It was Milner's collision with Bardsley that led to the only goal.

OB1 said:
If City are right mentally, they will win; barring horrid bad luck. We have yet to thrash someone at Wembley and if, as expected, Sunderland park the bus, strong nerves and lots of patience could be required. City need to set off at a high tempo and score early.

I am not confident that Aguero will be fit to start so my starting 11 would be:

Hart
Zab, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy
Fern, Garcia
Nasri, Silva,
Yaya, Negredo

if Aquero not fit id go for that formation but Milner for Garcia, just no need for a Player to sit that deep tomorrow have someone on who might create or score a goal. also id like Lescott in

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
I hope you're right, but I have to say I would happily take a 1-0. Sunderland will employ the exact same MO they've done on our last 4 visits to the Stadium of Shite, namely park the bus for the entire game and hope to sneak one. Breaking teams down who play that way is far more difficult than I think anyone accepts, and almost impossible to generate any kind of tempo against.
Surely though, their luck (and they've had the full Monty - offside goals, freak goalkeeping errors, ridiculous penalties, red cards not shown etc etc) has to end sometime? I reckon we'll win, but if we don't score early it'll be a fucking grind

Haha. EB with his weekly pre-match paranoia. For some reason I feel even more bullish now ;-)

I'd be worried if he was optimistic.

You have nothing to fear gents. Torturing myself with thoughts of a freak Adam Johnson deflection early doors, followed by a fruitless re-enactment of Rorke's Drift in the Sunderland penalty area thereafter, as we speak! ;)

Worried as fuck just hope we turn up think Sunderland definately will

They are our bogey team and it would not be the first time a team has won a cup and got relegated

A win tomorrow sets us up for at lwast another tropy

Think we will do it though

Spent all day in London and the Sunderland fans are out in force.
Thet took over Covent Garden for a while earlier tonight. Lots of police
and a few ambulances. Nothing serious, but bloody thousands of them
In full voice!

I don't understand why all these so-called experts - both TV and newspapers think we're going to take Sunderland lightly.

They've obviously forgotten or are ignoring the fact that the Makems beat us in the league.

And Pellegrini is too shrewd to make that sort of mistake, IMHO.

And I hope the hurt from last year's FA Cup final is still raw.

However, I'm not at all confident, considering our record against us.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Prediction...we're going to FUCKING BATTER THEM.

Hope so mate - we've outplayed them so many times and lost to offside/ foul goals it's a joke. I do like the Mackem/Tackem's but we need a convincing result tomorrow. 12 x Carling for the game got me a free NOWTV 24 hour stream too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.