City v Swans post match thread

I don't think it's delusional at all, I think it's a very healthy perspective to have. Feel free to drive yourself to an early grave worrying about the performance. But as Cleavers said the other say, whether we win the league by 20 points or on goal difference it'll be just as sweet - and I still see nothing to suggest we won't. Today's performance in the old days was called the mark of champions.

If it were a one off showing, maybe so. As to not worrying, well that's a personal characteristic. I wish I could not worry about performances like that! That notwithstanding, whatever Cleavers said I'll be genuinely astonished if we win the league playing like we have (bar, ironically, some of our showings in Europe) for the last 3 months.

I've already said we were shit.

The difference is though I wont dwell on it and spend all night crying for a fucking sacking or 3 like some on here.

Instead i will think, top of the league, top of the league CL group and in the last 16 and semi final of the league cup and all that whilst missing key players and not really playing that well.
this. I wasn't there today and don't for one minute begrudge match going blues having a moan about having to watch a load of toss in the cold and wet, but everyone else can just wipe their miserable fannies. If you need something to cheer you up head over to the caf and read the posts either side of our second goal.

Don't let anyone kid themselves that that was anything but fucking awful. Got out of jail big time.
3 points was the only positive
Is the correct answer. when your keeper is MOTM against a struggling side then you know you've got problems on the pitch.
And problems with vision if you can't see it.

They dont though do they?

Every week the same shit is trotted out but our position in the league and cups says its absolute fucking rubbish.
Having played more matches than our rivals probably helps our league position, I would have thought. Our position in the league has been getting progressively weaker over the course of the season. This trend is undeniable. And that's why there's concern - the performances don't suggest that the trend is a blip.

I don't think any fan wants to see us lose, and of course 3 pts is what matters most. But the level of performance is still important when looking at the bigger, longer term picture. I was obviously 'happier' with the result today than against West Ham, but took far greater encouragement and confidence from the West Ham game. Play like we did against the Hammers and we'll win more than we'll lose, play like we did today.......!

Mate i dont disagree it was turgid stuff.

I just refuse to have a melt down, part way through the season when we are in such a fantastic position in everything still.

no-ones having a melt down......we are just saying it was poor yet again and we are defensively tactically weak...some people are saying that we will come unstuck playing like that against better teams - all of this is true and none of it is anyone having a melt down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.