City v Swans post match thread

Relieved with that! We go on about United and their luck but we've taken their magic ball today. Not gonna be negative Nancy as we did pick up the 3 points but I hope the lads and Pellegrini get this sorted soon or more clinical sides will do a number on us.

I don't think any fan wants to see us lose, and of course 3 pts is what matters most. But the level of performance is still important when looking at the bigger, longer term picture. I was obviously 'happier' with the result today than against West Ham, but took far greater encouragement and confidence from the West Ham game. Play like we did against the Hammers and we'll win more than we'll lose, play like we did today.......!

Agree here

A win's a win but that was an awful second half. Joe Hart saving us time and again (as he has done all season to be fair). Mangala and Otamendi were both poor today and once again Pellegrini starts Yaya in a midfield two therefore conceding the majority of possession to Swansea. We made them look a half decent team.
Great winner by Yaya/Kelechi though and good to know that about 10,000 early leavers missed it.

Same kind of performances we've produced for the last half a dozen league games. Very fortunate Hart was on top form, we got a bit of luck and Swansea didn't have a striker on the pitch until the last 15 minutes otherwise we'd of lost that. No tempo, no movement, no ideas. Our entire gameplan is basically "give the ball to Yaya/Silva and see what they can produce from nothing"

The whole team need clear and specific instructions, Sterling and Navas in particular(and De Bruyne is the same to an extent when played out wide), i've said this before but when they're in possession or are involved in play they have no idea what they should do and end up either playing a simple ball back or standing still. I blame this solely on the manager as i don't believe it's a case of both of them not following instructions every single game.

There's no signs of change in this team and it's worrying because we're currently beating very average at best teams by the skin of our teeth with the odd period of play that masks over the performance enough to keep the manager in a job. The board need to be proactive rather than reactive here and get rid of this manager now before we lose sight of a title that should be ours with the teams we have.

well said

Can anyone imagine Bony ever producing a finish like Gomes'?

He scored but his overall contribution was very poor again.

Wasn't alone though, too many of them appear to still think turning up will be enough

Don't think Wenger will be having any sleepless nights ahead of our game if he was watching

well that was my first victory live as a city fan since the take over,so stop fucking whinging :).

the stadium looked fantastic the cfa looked amazing I even went over the bridge twice :)

the game wasn't brilliant,but you cant beat a last minute winner,my dad bro and nephews were in the family stand said it was a brilliant curler by yaya ,it looked to me (I was in the kippax side at the top near the away fANS ) there was a deflection on it,and the bbc gave it to nacho ????

all in all I really enjoyed my trip to the home of football,thought yaya was motm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.