City v Swans post match thread

What an utter bunch of miserable c*nuts we have following this wonderful football club. I could not be there today due to work commitments but watched it in a sports bar in the US. I thought it was a fantastically entertaining game played at a fantastic tempo, real blood and guts premier league football. We were clearly playing against a very fired up Swansea side. You would have to question whether they had been playing like that against the Norwich's of this world whether they would be where they are currently.

I thought we played well on the whole but struggled to open up a resolute Swansea. To show the character to come back after the hammer blow of the late equaliser was fantastic.

Another three points, top of the league, top of chumps league groups and semi final of league cup. If this is a disaster heaven help any other club in Europe they must be positively suicidal.

City fans it has to be said are the most miserable bunch of moaning c*nuts you could find.
"Entertaining"? Really?

What an utter bunch of miserable c*nuts we have following this wonderful football club. I could not be there today due to work commitments but watched it in a sports bar in the US. I thought it was a fantastically entertaining game played at a fantastic tempo, real blood and guts premier league football. We were clearly playing against a very fired up Swansea side. You would have to question whether they had been playing like that against the Norwich's of this world whether they would be where they are currently.

I thought we played well on the whole but struggled to open up a resolute Swansea. To show the character to come back after the hammer blow of the late equaliser was fantastic.

Another three points, top of the league, top of chumps league groups and semi final of league cup. If this is a disaster heaven help any other club in Europe they must be positively suicidal.

City fans it has to be said are the most miserable bunch of moaning c*nuts you could find.
Or realistic and not willing to accept mediocrity.

Times like this that this forum really needs a like button. Add in "driving through the night in the pissing rain to get a flight over for the game, as a birthday present to myself.
Hear, hear. I haven't travelled recently but have made the very long trip (for me) many times since moving away and the criticism from happy clappers angers me to no end.

They dont though do they?

Every week the same shit is trotted out but our position in the league and cups says its absolute fucking rubbish.

You play the opposition in front of you, thats all you can do and if you beat them, job done.

We get the job done better than anyone for the most part and look set to continue that trend this season.

Sorry mate, but that's delusional stuff. We got the result and that's all that matters? Come on. We were fucking dreadful again today. We were fucking dreadful at Stoke. We were fucking dreadful against Liverpool, we were fucking dreadful for all bar the first 20 minutes against Southampton, we were fucking dreadful at the Swamp. I know we've got injury problems, but the reason we are sustaining our position is partly the brilliance of individuals, partly luck, partly the failings of others, but no way is it attributable to us playing well. The defending and the general organisation in that 2nd half today, from front to back was shambolic.

In all honesty, a draw would have been the fair result. Swansea were a decent opponent.
We were lucky, but 3 points is gladly taken. Put this poor performance behind us and move on.

Ordinary day today. We weren't exciting, and the team certainly didn't do anything to get bums on seats. The number of empty seats was once again shocking - but the team has to do something to get those stayaways to bother their arses to come to the game. Today they failed. Poor game.
Official attendance given as 53k. That maybe the amount of tickets sold, but no way was there 53k in the ground today. Mid to high forties at best.

If that is all you do it is pointless however to dismiss having possetion and getting a feel for the pitch and ball reflects poorly on yourself here tbh bud.
Not to mention you agitate the opposition, look where Utd are with only this kind of footy for example.

I feel you have the idea of perfection pc game type footy here, the real world is not so smooth.

I am not against possession, which is why I specifically mentioned "pointless sideways". Trying to defend a 1 goal lead nearly cost us today. Especially when we are not good at defending, the priority must be to show a bit more urgency and more forward passes and get the second goal. Once the game is in the bag, I don't care if it is simply backward-sideward possession play.

Really diced with death there. Midfield was poor. Always difficult after European big match and we rested Kolarov, De Bruyne so it was a good day.

We know we can play a lot better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.