City v Swans post match thread

Sorry mate, but that's delusional stuff. We got the result and that's all that matters? Come on. We were fucking dreadful again today. We were fucking dreadful at Stoke. We were fucking dreadful against Liverpool, we were fucking dreadful for all bar the first 20 minutes against Southampton, we were fucking dreadful at the Swamp. I know we've got injury problems, but the reason we are sustaining our position is partly the brilliance of individuals, partly luck, partly the failings of others, but no way is it attributable to us playing well. The defending and the general organisation in that 2nd half today, from front to back was shambolic.

I don't think it's delusional at all, I think it's a very healthy perspective to have. Feel free to drive yourself to an early grave worrying about the performance. But as Cleavers said the other say, whether we win the league by 20 points or on goal difference it'll be just as sweet - and I still see nothing to suggest we won't. Today's performance in the old days was called the mark of champions.

We certainly need to improve if we are to take a hold of this very poor premier league.

Unless all the others that might stay in contention towards the end of the season continue to stutter as they have its going to be pulling out teeth of a season.

That's 2 clean sheets in our last 20 games and we are playing uninspiring football and time and again giving any opposition a firm belief we can be knocked over which we will be far too many times that we can afford if we don't lift our game and the tempo.

Grateful for the win naturally.

Official attendance given as 53k. That maybe the amount of tickets sold, but no way was there 53k in the ground today. Mid to high forties at best.
Definitely. From where I was sat, there were empty seats all over the place. However, as I said, the team have to make it more difficult for fans not to bother their arse. We've been ordinary for a while (a big exception was the Borussia game, which was excellent).

"Entertaining"? Really?

Yes, really, no sound big screen in Vegas. Very entertaining game but I couldn't hear the crowd so maybe the atmosphere was flat but I was sat with a load of neutrals and it was an entertaining game. City fans are now simply spoilt. Try watching the rags if you want real turgid stuff.

We know we can play a lot better[/QUOTE]

this is exactly the point but we haven't played to our potential for quite a while

Sorry mate, but that's delusional stuff. We got the result and that's all that matters? Come on. We were fucking dreadful again today. We were fucking dreadful at Stoke. We were fucking dreadful against Liverpool, we were fucking dreadful for all bar the first 20 minutes against Southampton, we were fucking dreadful at the Swamp. I know we've got injury problems, but the reason we are sustaining our position is partly the brilliance of individuals, partly luck, partly the failings of others, but no way is it attributable to us playing well. The defending and the general organisation in that 2nd half today, from front to back was shambolic.

Mate i dont disagree it was turgid stuff.

I just refuse to have a melt down, part way through the season when we are in such a fantastic position in everything still.

It's as if we are trying to get wins or get over the line in certain games without putting much in,you would think at times it was us who only had one win in eleven...not looking forward to Arsenal next Monday ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.