City v Swans post match thread

I thought Norwich must have been a one off game for this poor play in the last 5 mins but yesterday was proof it wasn't. I couldn't believe they did it again yesterday.

We almost need a pre season this week imo.

There are no distractions, great opportunity. Put Pellegrini & his mate back in the ground for a few days & cover them up, have big meeting, perhaps a bit of a fight, get working on organising the back 4 & midfield, treat the Arse game like a cup final.

We can truly fuck them up if we put a shift in this week. That would be a big step toward the title.

I thought Swansea played very well. And imo & the opinion of most City fans I've spoken to, deserved at least a draw, which Pellegrini also agrees with.

I didn't see the 'digging in' bit you are referring to, I thought they just ran through us a bunch of times & Joe Hart saved it, but he 'dug in' I suppose. We did show some urgency when they scored & got the winner, but then straight away, we went back into the same shit, came ambling forward in a bunch & lost the ball only to be caught on the break & Hart having to make another save. You would imagine we may have been given instructions to tighten up for 30 seconds but it appears not.

The big difference between yesterday's near disaster & previous defeats or draws v lower table teams is that usually there is an element of fluke about it. Like Stoke when that no mark ran 60 yards from our corner & scored, or Burnley when they suddenly came out & lumped everything forward having been battered beyond reason for 45 mins & we missed about 10 chances.

Yesterday, Swansea were passing the ball, moving & defending largely with more skill & intelligence than City. We could have been Aston Villa or Newcastle. We had no quality, no particular cleverness, were tactically inept & defended like a 2nd Div team but without the aerial power.

I can recall a number of fuckups v lower placed sides & in Europe, but I can't recall us being outplayed like that, at our own game, by anyone other than top sides.

It is becoming a theme, that the opposition is actually better than us. We really need to get some work done now, & sort it out, like the players did after the pre season fiasco. Get Kompany involved even ifhe doesn't play, get him leasding the team in training.

The weather was indeed awful.
I think it was that last minute or so after we got the winner that tipped me over the edge! I couldn't believe we didn't go into full on possesion mode and keep it solid. Instead we gifted them another good chance because of a lack of composure and a big boot up front from the back. Just knock it back to your goalkeeper and give him options to take the ball back. It's simple stuff really, yet we looked panicked.

Ah well, top of the league, semi final of CoC, topped our CL group and all that shizzle...

I think it was that last minute or so after we got the winner that tipped me over the edge! I couldn't believe we didn't go into full on possesion mode and keep it solid. Instead we gifted them another good chance because of a lack of composure and a big boot up front from the back. Just knock it back to your goalkeeper and give him options to take the ball back. It's simple stuff really, yet we looked panicked.

Ah well, top of the league, semi final of CoC, topped our CL group and all that shizzle...

And a free week, to get our shit together.

Joe Hart played very well yesterday, so did Swansea. The players need a rest now and, providing we don't get a load more injuries, we can expect better performances.

Yesterday gave proof to that old saying about a good goalkeeper being worth 14 - 20 points a season. There were many days, in the past when Schmeicel, Shilton and Jennings turned in similar performances and the ensuing narrative from the Press Corp preferred to concentrate on their sides' indefatigability rather than the lack lustre performances.
We ground out a win against a decent side in lousy conditions, in what was our fifth game in 15 days.
True enough, it was far from a vintage performance but there are more positives than negatives to be taken out of the experience.

There are no distractions, great opportunity. Put Pellegrini & his mate back in the ground for a few days & cover them up, have big meeting, perhaps a bit of a fight, get working on organising the back 4 & midfield, treat the Arse game like a cup final.

We can truly fuck them up if we put a shift in this week. That would be a big step toward the title.

Can't see it myself, but I expect it after a couple of months of shit performances.

Can't see it myself, but I expect it after a couple of months of shit performances.

I think this will be a rare occasion where the players can get together & work on stuff. We had a shambles of a pre season culminating in that humilliating mess in Germany & panic buying another cb, but the players had a meeting & we came out with a proper back line & played like Champions.

If they can do it then, they can do it now. The players need to get together, led by the captain, & sort it.

What they really need this week is not a "pre-season" its a rest, to recover, why are people ignoring Pellegrini on this ? Some of the players who are playing are walking wounded.

Why was Silva taken off when he was the only player who could hold the ball and pick a pass!
Why do you think ? He isn't fit enough to do more than an hour, in an ideal world he wouldn't be playing at all yet.

A number of the players are knackered, because we've been unable to rotate them due to the injury situation.

What they really need this week is not a "pre-season" its a rest, to recover, why are people ignoring Pellegrini on this ? Some of the players who are playing are walking wounded.

Me, the guy who has been begging Pellegrini to rest players more all season & if necessary use some kids at the end of games as he is going to fuck them all up, is ignoring Pellegrini, telling me they are struggling ?

Love it.

When I say they need pre seaseason, I mean like they did pre season, getting together & organising a formation & tactics & a defence, not running up hills & doing pressups.

I thought I had spelled that out but perhaps I didn't mention it.

Edit: Oh no I did, it's right there in the post you replied to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.