City v The Big 4

The Fat el Hombre said:
Liverpool spent a lot of time trying to get Barry in, it's only cos of their tight purse strings that they haven't got him. Only reason the fee for Johnson was so high was cos they waived a good chunk of the Peter Crouch fee

Rafa's 'Money money money' comment proves that we really pissed him off by signing barry, he's not happy to have missed out on him.

Seemed more like posturing and not a lot of action.

You think Liverpool would spend an entire transfer window plus haggling over 1mil for Torres? You think Chelsea haggled with Liverpool when they nearley signed Terry?

Look at Madrid, they targeted Ronaldo, they paid the price, no fucking about, they got thier man in.

Benzema is another prime example, utd sniffing round, in, signed out within a couple of days. Look how quick we completed the Barry deal. If we was such a big part of thier palns, Benitez would have had him.

Neville Kneville said:
Everybody knows Barry was the dipper's main target. Gerrard & Benitez have made that pretty obvious too, hence the fat little shite still whinging about it after all this time.
Agreed,the owners of l'pool are trying to re-finance the £350 million debt they have racked up & they tried negotiate the deal,we beat them to the punch.
Torres saying he'll stay as long as l'pool WANT him sounded a little strange aswell,possible sale to finance rafa's incomings perhaps.

GStar said:
chazmcfc said:
are you a dipper in disguise g star ? ffs.

Why because i dont argue that the light shines out of City's arse and everyone else are scum?

I was giving my opinion that we're not going and taking the current top four's main players. If you've got a point by all means share it and debate it.

If not, why post in this thread?

i'll have a look and see how the next 5 days pan first mate. I think you are wrong and I hope I am right - but there is naff all I can do on here to prove it one way or another. Only time will tell. But we will see shortly.

GStar said:
chazmcfc said:
are you a dipper in disguise g star ? ffs.

Why because i dont argue that the light shines out of City's arse and everyone else are scum?

I was giving my opinion that we're not going and taking the current top four's main players. If you've got a point by all means share it and debate it.

If not, why post in this thread?

i'll have a look and see how the next 5 days pan first mate. I think you are wrong and I hope I am right - but there is naff all I can do on here to prove it one way or another. Only time will tell. But we will see shortly.

GStar said:
Blue2112 said:
It's interesting stuff don't you think that on the one hand we read that City are developing relationships with the Barca's of this world whilst at the same time going into the lions den and taking player's from our very own domestic big 4. Weaken their squads whilst saying to them ''not only are we coming but we are going to take your better players''.

Rags = Tevez

Chelsea = Terry

Liverpool = Barry whilst not directly from them he was certainly their main target.

Arsenal =??? Watch this space over the next few days.

Although we have no official announcement I believe one is done whilst two others are very close.

Non starter for me, clutching at straws at best.

Tevez left utd, we never stole him.
Not sure anyone knows whats going on with Terry.
Arsenal; i'll keep watching
Liverpool; as you say a target, certaintly not a Gerrard or Torres, certainly not thie main target this season after Alonso proved he was better.
To be fair Gstar I disagree with you, no one said we pinched them but we have taken or stopped the top 4 getting there targets IF they come

Tevez - Baconface clearly wanted him to stay hence the late bid but through there own arrogance assuming he would demand to stay fooked up.

Terry - Chelsea want to make him put in a transfer request if he is to leave and there new manager has stated hes the kingpin.

Emmanuel Adebayor - I think Arsenal do want rid of him but even so it will weaken them as a team, it just depends on how much we give them and who Wenger buys with it.

Barry - Liverpool wanted him I dont care how much you disagree you only have to listen to Rafas rant for that, again they were so confident he wanted them and only them they come unstuck.

IMO.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Liverpool spent a lot of time trying to get Barry in, it's only cos of their tight purse strings that they haven't got him. Only reason the fee for Johnson was so high was cos they waived a good chunk of the Peter Crouch fee

Rafa's 'Money money money' comment proves that we really pissed him off by signing barry, he's not happy to have missed out on him.

doesn't Rafa have enough problems quoting "facts" at Taggart without making enemies of City as well. I had a certain amount of respect for hik last year when he stood up to be mocked with is comments, but now he just looks like a beligerent child that has had his favourite toy taken from him with his attack on City,and has shown a total lack of class or respect to City for daring to buy quality players that he wanted.

SWP's back said:

Hey, i'm all for getting players of Terry's quality, bearing in mind the players such as Micah/Onuoha/Ireland who are equally as important for us.

I'm just saying. We got no reason to expect these guys to sign. The arguement put forward, imo, was weak.

Tevez left utd, we didn't draw him to us whilst he was happy there.
We'll see with Terry.
We'll see with Arsenal
And i think if Barry was so important to Rafa he would have paid the extra 1mil to sign him.

i ve not got nuf posts to make a new topic.but end of terry is coming,tevez is coming,that is some serious shit,i think every 1 of us would have creamed everywhere if we was told that this time last year.defo!we r big players now.n its mint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.