City v The Big 4

GStar said:
Blue2112 said:
If the arguement put forward for signing them was my op then I only used that as a foot in the door for discussion before adding the information I had been told today in relation to Tvez, Adebayor and Terry. By the way I'm not being argumentative here just trying to explain my op.

No problem.

My main point against your OP was that i didn't think the examples given, were evience of us louring the top assets away from the top four. It seems people disagree with me, which is fine.

I partly agree with you, I just thought rather than sticking Adebayors name in the title and create more attention for a deal that so far isn't public knowledge and usually tends to then go ott I'd try and reason a debate whilst throwing in the info although I do think Barry was going to be integral to Liverpool.

Blue2112 said:
GStar said:
Blue2112 said:
If the arguement put forward for signing them was my op then I only used that as a foot in the door for discussion before adding the information I had been told today in relation to Tvez, Adebayor and Terry. By the way I'm not being argumentative here just trying to explain my op.

No problem.

My main point against your OP was that i didn't think the examples given, were evience of us louring the top assets away from the top four. It seems people disagree with me, which is fine.

I partly agree with you, I just thought rather than sticking Adebayors name in the title and create more attention for a deal that so far isn't public knowledge and usually tends to then go ott I'd try and reason a debate whilst throwing in the info although I do think Barry was going to be integral to Liverpool.

Well Rafa is clearly peeved at not getting Barry.

GStar said:
Numptyed said:
To be fair Gstar I disagree with you, no one said we pinched them but we have taken or stopped the top 4 getting there targets IF they come

Tevez - Baconface clearly wanted him to stay hence the late bid but through there own arrogance assuming he would demand to stay fooked up.

Terry - Chelsea want to make him put in a transfer request if he is to leave and there new manager has stated hes the kingpin.

Emmanuel Adebayor - I think Arsenal do want rid of him but even so it will weaken them as a team, it just depends on how much we give them and who Wenger buys with it.

Barry - Liverpool wanted him I dont care how much you disagree you only have to listen to Rafas rant for that, again they were so confident he wanted them and only them they come unstuck.

IMO.

No problem, its only my opinion, im not stating i'm right, everyone else is wrong by any means.

I think if utd wanted Tevez so bad they would have signed him up earlier. The late was to save face imo. As Tevez said, would they have let Rooney/Ronaldo's contract to run so low? I know it was a loan but with a transfer fee in place it became essentially the same situation.

Terry would be a coup, no doubt, and i agree theres been so sign of un hapiness from him at Chelsea. Let's see what happens first, it doesn't make complete sense to me as to why this is still dragging on.

Adebayor is currently an unfouded rumour. If Wenger wants rid, its not like we've loured one of thier greatest assests away although i think he would be a big loss to Arsenal.

I've made me point on Barry, its just my opinion and i do think people who disagree have a point. I think if he was going to be an integral player for Liverpool he'd be wearing thier shirt next season, or even last season. To me, having spent 16-18mil on Johnson (ffs) means they had an extra 1mil for Barry.

You make some good points, if we do get all 4 we will well and truly of marked our territory, but i wouldent put someone elses money on it let a lone mine!

GStar said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Liverpool spent a lot of time trying to get Barry in, it's only cos of their tight purse strings that they haven't got him. Only reason the fee for Johnson was so high was cos they waived a good chunk of the Peter Crouch fee

Rafa's 'Money money money' comment proves that we really pissed him off by signing barry, he's not happy to have missed out on him.

Seemed more like posturing and not a lot of action.

You think Liverpool would spend an entire transfer window plus haggling over 1mil for Torres? You think Chelsea haggled with Liverpool when they nearley signed Terry?

Look at Madrid, they targeted Ronaldo, they paid the price, no fucking about, they got thier man in.

Benzema is another prime example, utd sniffing round, in, signed out within a couple of days. Look how quick we completed the Barry deal. If we was such a big part of thier palns, Benitez would have had him.

liverpool would not have got barry because they did not have the money to do the deal and it was basically done under there noses barry did not want to go there due to being pissed around by them last year and also they could not match city wage offer hence not having the money to complete the deal

Blue2112 said:
GStar said:
Blue2112 said:

No problem.

You just give us the info blue, let us worry about the arguing...

;)

agree about rafa being peeved. he shot his mouth off.

anyway, the perception that if a top four wants a player, that is the end of that, is one that, IMO, city fans should be looking to challenge, or at the very least, stay open-minded about.

barry is our best signing,fact! and rafas shit that he come 4 coin is bullshit,he just give johnson 100k a week? what? the dick.

TFC said:
Blue2112 said:
GStar said:
Blue2112 said:

No problem.

You just give us the info blue, let us worry about the arguing...

;)

Haha yeah ok thats fair enough...

bizzbo said:
agree about rafa being peeved. he shot his mouth off.

anyway, the perception that if a top four wants a player, that is the end of that, is one that, IMO, city fans should be looking to challenge, or at the very least, stay open-minded about.

Deffinately. But imo, we also need to realise that other than financially, we can't compete this summer.

We shouldn't expect players like Eto'o to sign, but we should damn sure hope and believe there is reason for them to.

As we've seen whilst money is a major factor and our ambition should mean we don't hesitate. We shouldn't feel upset if these elite players are currently turning us down though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.