City v The Big 4

Blue2112 said:
It's interesting stuff don't you think that on the one hand we read that City are developing relationships with the Barca's of this world whilst at the same time going into the lions den and taking player's from our very own domestic big 4. Weaken their squads whilst saying to them ''not only are we coming but we are going to take your better players''.

Rags = Tevez

Chelsea = Terry

Liverpool = Barry whilst not directly from them he was certainly their main target.

Arsenal =??? Watch this space over the next few days.

Although we have no official announcement I believe one is done whilst two others are very close.

hi blue !
thanks for the info.
when do you think these deals will be complete and how sure are you about adebayor?
cant imagine terry playing for us it will be weird !
anyways fingers crossed

GStar said:
bizzbo said:
agree about rafa being peeved. he shot his mouth off.

anyway, the perception that if a top four wants a player, that is the end of that, is one that, IMO, city fans should be looking to challenge, or at the very least, stay open-minded about.

Deffinately. But imo, we also need to realise that other than financially, we can't compete this summer.

We shouldn't expect players like Eto'o to sign, but we should damn sure hope and believe there is reason for them to.

As we've seen whilst money is a major factor and our ambition should mean we don't hesitate. We shouldn't feel upset if these elite players are currently turning us down though.

there's no 'realizing' about it. time will tell whether that's the case or not. i have no expectations. open minded, you see ;)

bizzbo said:
GStar said:
bizzbo said:
agree about rafa being peeved. he shot his mouth off.

anyway, the perception that if a top four wants a player, that is the end of that, is one that, IMO, city fans should be looking to challenge, or at the very least, stay open-minded about.

Deffinately. But imo, we also need to realise that other than financially, we can't compete this summer.

We shouldn't expect players like Eto'o to sign, but we should damn sure hope and believe there is reason for them to.

As we've seen whilst money is a major factor and our ambition should mean we don't hesitate. We shouldn't feel upset if these elite players are currently turning us down though.

there's no 'realizing' about it. time will tell whether that's the case or not. i have no expectations. open minded, you see ;)

Ok, realise was a bad word. "Consider" would proabably be better. ;)

stavros said:
Blue2112 said:
It's interesting stuff don't you think that on the one hand we read that City are developing relationships with the Barca's of this world whilst at the same time going into the lions den and taking player's from our very own domestic big 4. Weaken their squads whilst saying to them ''not only are we coming but we are going to take your better players''.

Rags = Tevez

Chelsea = Terry

Liverpool = Barry whilst not directly from them he was certainly their main target.

Arsenal =??? Watch this space over the next few days.

Although we have no official announcement I believe one is done whilst two others are very close.

hi blue !
thanks for the info.
when do you think these deals will be complete and how sure are you about adebayor?
cant imagine terry playing for us it will be weird !
anyways fingers crossed

Tevez I'm told is done, Adebayor close and Terry about 70% so far. I'm 100% the information is genuine and I've posted it in good faith whilst polishing the old tin hat just in case somthing goes wrong.

well thanks for the info anyways bud !
if we get them 3 we are going to be a very very strong team next year

GStar said:

yeah. to be fair, it's a reasonable view, just one I like finding ways of disputing. for example, maybe barry was a little unsure of how he would fair under rafa, after what happened to robbie keane. if he got it in his head that he was better off keeping mascherano and alonso, barry could find himself out in the cold in a world cup year.

bizzbo said:
GStar said:

yeah. to be fair, it's a reasonable view, just one I like finding ways of disputing. for example, maybe barry was a little unsure of how he would fair under rafa, after what happened to robbie keane. if he got it in his head that he was better off keeping mascherano and alonso, barry could find himself out in the cold in a world cup year.

Good point.

I just think a few people think we're invincible and think we're a top four team already. I think with Tevez and an extra 3/4 signings then we can realistically challenge for top four this season.

If we're successful, thats the easy bit, imo, the hard aprt is staying there and challenging consistently.

Whilst we're not there, im not being defeatist nor unambitious as i welcome our transfer exploits (done in the right way). Just i think theres a few people who seem to express that our top four palce is certain, that the worlds best palyers should be here now and that next season, CL success is a certainty. (I realising i'm hyperboling but when we're telling Everton and Chelsea they're shit, small clubs it just feels like we're forgetting we've not actually done anything yet).

I’m fucked off with people saying “they’re only coming for the money” and I‘ve got an alternative proposition. Imagine you’re born to greatness, have a great pedigree and have lived your life in the top echelon; you’ve won CL medals, FA cups and are as rich as Croeusus…. In the back of your mind, there’s this niggling doubt…. “could I do it if I was starting from scratch?”. I think that is what we’re asking of players like Tevez and Terry, and I think they’re liking the challenge – they’re being asked to start from nothing and prove they are worthy of being called “great”. It’s easy to shine in a sky full of stars, but imagine starting from mid-table mediocre and building something? Isn’t that more of a challenge? When you’ve got it all, then what can a team offer you except (money and) the chance to prove you deserve it, and that’s what “the project” is all about – here we are, aspirational mid-table, now what can you add? And as for the “top four”… that really fucks me off. It’s a chicken and egg, as we see with Eto’o – you don’t get the best players until you’re in CL, but to get in CL you need the best players, so the myth is perpetuated…. CL quality players only go to teams in the CL, so no bugger has a chance of breaking the deadlock – of course the only way to tempt players like Eto’o is with cash and the promise of future glory, but how the hell are you to break the system otherwise? For people to criticise us for trying to break the mould smacks of jealousy (15/20) or fear (4/20), but how the hell else are a team to progress? Wait for our academy to bring forward players worthy of being bought by manure? Bollocks to that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.