City v The Big 4

BordersBlue said:
I’m fucked off with people saying “they’re only coming for the money” and I‘ve got an alternative proposition. Imagine you’re born to greatness, have a great pedigree and have lived your life in the top echelon; you’ve won CL medals, FA cups and are as rich as Croeusus…. In the back of your mind, there’s this niggling doubt…. “could I do it if I was starting from scratch?”. I think that is what we’re asking of players like Tevez and Terry, and I think they’re liking the challenge – they’re being asked to start from nothing and prove they are worthy of being called “great”. It’s easy to shine in a sky full of stars, but imagine starting from mid-table mediocre and building something? Isn’t that more of a challenge? When you’ve got it all, then what can a team offer you except (money and) the chance to prove you deserve it, and that’s what “the project” is all about – here we are, aspirational mid-table, now what can you add? And as for the “top four”… that really fucks me off. It’s a chicken and egg, as we see with Eto’o – you don’t get the best players until you’re in CL, but to get in CL you need the best players, so the myth is perpetuated…. CL quality players only go to teams in the CL, so no bugger has a chance of breaking the deadlock – of course the only way to tempt players like Eto’o is with cash and the promise of future glory, but how the hell are you to break the system otherwise? For people to criticise us for trying to break the mould smacks of jealousy (15/20) or fear (4/20), but how the hell else are a team to progress? Wait for our academy to bring forward players worthy of being bought by manure? Bollocks to that!

Exactly mate, I hate it when people say we should invest in young talent instead of splashing the cash on international players. If we don't buy these players then we won't progress in the short-term, and the young players we worked so hard to bring through have thair heads turned by Champions League clubs and it's all a waste of time. Clubs have been trying to do that for years-Everton with Rooney, us with SWP (first time round ;) ), West Ham with Lampard, Cole, Crackhead, Spurs with Sol Campbell, the list goes on. That's why I'd love Terry to come to City, to hear the Chelsea rent boy fans (not the real ones like FR22 seems to be) whining about Terry coming for the money. It would be a real kick in the teeth for the establishment and see the top 4 become the top 1, the one and only Manchester City!

Just my four-penneth. I think if we get Adebayor we have then brought, in two strikers/target men (a position we were severely lacking in last season) the other being RSC. Not only that but both of these players have scored over 20 goals in one premiership season, that ticks the potential 20 goals plus box. 2 of the buggers! I don't think Hughes will play both and I still believe that Tevez is coming. I can't believe people are saying Adebayor is shite! He's 25 and scores for fun, and in the Premiership too!! Had a "poor" season last year and scored 6 CL goals!!!

I will be very pleased if Adebayor comes. Arsenal pass the ball too much for their own good sometimes and Adebayor struggles to see the ball as the target man up front. For us with SWP/Tevez, Robbie and Ireland playing 1-2s off him he'll get and set up plenty, mark my words. The same goes for a fit RSC.

I just hope RSC is fit and scoring when Ade goes to the African Cup of Nations if he signs for us.

BordersBlue said:
I’m fucked off with people saying “they’re only coming for the money” and I‘ve got an alternative proposition. Imagine you’re born to greatness, have a great pedigree and have lived your life in the top echelon; you’ve won CL medals, FA cups and are as rich as Croeusus…. In the back of your mind, there’s this niggling doubt…. “could I do it if I was starting from scratch?”. I think that is what we’re asking of players like Tevez and Terry, and I think they’re liking the challenge – they’re being asked to start from nothing and prove they are worthy of being called “great”. It’s easy to shine in a sky full of stars, but imagine starting from mid-table mediocre and building something? Isn’t that more of a challenge? When you’ve got it all, then what can a team offer you except (money and) the chance to prove you deserve it, and that’s what “the project” is all about – here we are, aspirational mid-table, now what can you add? And as for the “top four”… that really fucks me off. It’s a chicken and egg, as we see with Eto’o – you don’t get the best players until you’re in CL, but to get in CL you need the best players, so the myth is perpetuated…. CL quality players only go to teams in the CL, so no bugger has a chance of breaking the deadlock – of course the only way to tempt players like Eto’o is with cash and the promise of future glory, but how the hell are you to break the system otherwise? For people to criticise us for trying to break the mould smacks of jealousy (15/20) or fear (4/20), but how the hell else are a team to progress? Wait for our academy to bring forward players worthy of being bought by manure? Bollocks to that!

My thoughts exactly well put

Re: Adebayor

bobmcfc said:
so, adebayor...how good is he ? i heard he had his own brochure like owen

hahaha you should read it, I had to stop because I was at work and PMSL

if we search for african players for their strength,technique and speed ( the likes of yaya t.,essien) all good and well. but where do we tour, its seems the emerging teams in africa are gabon,burkinia faso,and ghana are back as a force. should we look here or in the usual established football nations (nigeria,cameroon,algeria,tunisia,egypt,south africa,mali,senegal,morocco and togo) more importantly what are we giving them back in return to devevop their football schools!

BordersBlue said:

This

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.