CITY v The Rags - F.A Cup Semi-Final Official Match Thread

Pezzer2 said:
The biggest concern is the width of the rags. I fear Either Nani or Valencia will have a field day against Kolorov so dependant on Richards being fit i'd pick this side
Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Zab
Toure De Jong
SWP Silva Johnson
Dzeko

Zab would fit in at Left back. He kept Walcott quiet against Asenal and think he would do a solid job against Valencia or Nani. I would also go for 2 wingers to give there full backs something to think about. I'd let Johnson try and target Oshea or Rafael and let SWP have a go at Evra. He hasn't been as solid defensively of late and would unleash Shauny on him.

Mancini is bound to play Barry though and I cant see Shauny playing but I think the team above could give them a run for there money.

This

If we attack and manage to keep kolarov protected, we will win! De Jong is going to rule this game with an iron fist.

We are better of without Tevez playing aswell!!!<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:10 pm --<br /><br />
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Pezzer2 said:
The biggest concern is the width of the rags. I fear Either Nani or Valencia will have a field day against Kolorov so dependant on Richards being fit i'd pick this side
Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Zab
Toure De Jong
SWP Silva Johnson
Dzeko

Zab would fit in at Left back. He kept Walcott quiet against Asenal and think he would do a solid job against Valencia or Nani. I would also go for 2 wingers to give there full backs something to think about. I'd let Johnson try and target Oshea or Rafael and let SWP have a go at Evra. He hasn't been as solid defensively of late and would unleash Shauny on him.

Mancini is bound to play Barry though and I cant see Shauny playing but I think the team above could give them a run for there money.

This

I'd have balotelli for Johnson, and keep switching the wingers throughout it. If Barry starts, we will lose. Hes getting slower.

------------Hart----------

Zabba---VK-----JL----AK

------Yaya----NDJ-----

AJ-------Silva------Balo

--------Dzeko---------

lionheart said:
keemcfc said:
________Hart________
Zab_Kompany_Lescott_
_______de Jong______
A Johnson________Silva
_______Balotelli______ (Maybe)
So you have us going against arguably the best team in England with only eight players! If Micah miraculously recovers, I would definitely play him at right back (but take him off after 70 minutes because he might get tired) and play Zabaleta at left back. I would also play SWP and AJ as wingers, mainly because Sweep can track back and do a job on Nani/Valencia.
Unless Micah and Tévez recover, nobody else deserves to play!

Now that I think a bit more, after Liverpool, here's the team that deserves to play:

_______________Hart_______________
Richards/Boyata_Kompany_Lescott_Zabaleta
____________Tévez/Džeko____________

Maybe Yaya.

Tevez City said:

Zabba---VK-----JL----AK

------Yaya----NDJ-----

AJ-------Silva------Balo

--------Dzeko---------

This is our only chance to win and our only hope for some sort of creative spark. If this team can't do it, well then...its going to be another long summer, and a nerve racking final run in to the top 4.

Tevez City said:

Zabba---VK-----JL----AK

------Yaya----NDJ-----

AJ-------Silva------Balo

--------Dzeko---------

bang on

it could work but i have a feeling barry will be starting there also

For me if Micah can make it:

----------------------Hart

Richards-----Kompany-----Lescott-----Zabaleta

-------------Yaya---De Jong

--Johnson-------Milner---------Silva

----------------------Balotelli

Milner in the center can trouble the rags. I just don't think Dzeko would have any effect at all with the system we play right now so we might as well put in Milner who can defend (and will track back to help cover the full-backs, who will be under bombardment all match) and attack in the middle.

keemcfc said:
lionheart said:
So you have us going against arguably the best team in England with only eight players! If Micah miraculously recovers, I would definitely play him at right back (but take him off after 70 minutes because he might get tired) and play Zabaleta at left back. I would also play SWP and AJ as wingers, mainly because Sweep can track back and do a job on Nani/Valencia.
Unless Micah and Tévez recover, nobody else deserves to play!

Now that I think a bit more, after Liverpool, here's the team that deserves to play:

_______________Hart_______________
Richards/Boyata_Kompany_Lescott_Zabaleta
____________Tévez/Džeko____________

Maybe Yaya.

You would play Michael Johnson? Idiot post of the year

I belive this would work.

-----------Hart----------

Boya---VK-----JL----AK

------NDJ----Barry-----

AJ-------Yaya------Silva

--------Dzeko---------

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.