CITY v The Rags - F.A Cup Semi-Final Official Match Thread

Hart
Richards (If fit)/Boyata Kompany Lescott Zab
Nige Barry
AJ Yaya Silva
Mad Mario

Can anyone recommend a decent blue pub in town for the match. We will be having pre-match refreshments from 12 onwards in the Shambles and was planning to have a mooch over to Mary D's for some banter but just looking for a plan B. Were not paying a fiver to get in City square and you have to pre-book tickets anyway. So where is everyone that is ticketless going????

-----------------Hart----------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Zabaleta
-------------de Jong-----------------
------------------Yaya---------------
Johnson--------Balotelli----------Silva
----------------Dzeko----------------

-----------------Hart------------------
Richards---Vinnie K---Lescott-----Zabaleta
-----------NDJ--------Yaya-------------
Milner----------Silva-------------AJ
--------------Balotelli--------------

That is the best I could think of , Milner is the only one for me who could play on the right , he tracks back has a good cross on him and will keep tabs on Evra.

But somewhere in the team will be Gareth Barry. He is a good player but putting him in there limits our attacking threat although it would help us defensively. If we play that team at the top , we will cause them problems as I think Mario will make the runs and Silva will supply him .

The only problem is in that team I put up , I see no more than two possible big match winners . Balotelli and Silva are the only ones I could invision winning the game for us . I hope to god we step up to the mark and I pray we beat these bastards as it is our time now .

The game will have one goal in it , nobody will run out clear winners . Hopefully 2-1 City . The ideal situation is for NDJ to win us the game with a stunning volley from 18 yards in the 94th minute . If that happens , I would be unable to control myself and could possibly injure some of the people infront of me . Who cares it would be worth it.

Blue Elmo said:
-----------------Hart------------------
Richards---Vinnie K---Lescott-----Zabaleta
-----------NDJ--------Yaya-------------
Milner----------Silva-------------AJ
--------------Balotelli--------------

That is the best I could think of , Milner is the only one for me who could play on the right , he tracks back has a good cross on him and will keep tabs on Evra.

But somewhere in the team will be Gareth Barry. He is a good player but putting him in there limits our attacking threat although it would help us defensively. If we play that team at the top , we will cause them problems as I think Mario will make the runs and Silva will supply him .

The only problem is in that team I put up , I see no more than two possible big match winners . Balotelli and Silva are the only ones I could invision winning the game for us . I hope to god we step up to the mark and I pray we beat these bastards as it is our time now .

The game will have one goal in it , nobody will run out clear winners . Hopefully 2-1 City . The ideal situation is for NDJ to win us the game with a stunning volley from 18 yards in the 94th minute . If that happens , I would be unable to control myself and could possibly injure some of the people infront of me . Who cares it would be worth it.

Nice post mate. Pretty much agree with you, although I think Johnson has the ability to score in this game for sure!

The only thing I think we might see is johnson on the right for Milner, and Kolarov on the left where Johnson is. Both can deliver a ball, and Kolarov playing further up also gives us another defensive element during united's overlap plays. This also helps where Gareth Barry is missing. Think we've seen this sort of set up in the big games so wouldn't surprise.

Both teams I'd be happy with. Great news about Micah as well! Let's hope this injury hasn't hindered his form. I wouldn't have thought so much, he's probably up for this game more than anyone!

Any discussion allowed on what the rags team will be this weekend...?

This is their team from Tuesday v Chelsea:

* 01 Van der Sar
* 03 Evra
* 05 Ferdinand
* 15 Vidic
* 22 O'Shea
* 11 Giggs
* 13 Park Ji-Sung
* 16 Carrick
* 17 Nani (Valencia 75)
* 10 Rooney
* 14 Hernandez

Substitutes

* 29 Kuszczak,
* 06 Brown,
* 12 Smalling,
* 18 Scholes,
* 25 Valencia,
* 28 Gibson,
* 09 Berbatov

Last weekend it was:

* 29 Kuszczak
* 03 Evra
* 12 Smalling
* 15 Vidic
* 22 O'Shea
* 08 Anderson (Fabio Da Silva 76)
* 17 Nani (Carrick 87)
* 18 Scholes
* 25 Valencia (Owen 73)
* 28 Gibson
* 09 Berbatov

Substitutes

* 01 Van der Sar,
* 06 Brown,
* 20 Fabio Da Silva,
* 13 Park Ji-Sung,
* 16 Carrick,
* 07 Owen,
* 14 Hernandez

Got a feeling that it'll be more like the Fulham team, which should suit us better. Obv Shrek's missing but also doubt we'll see Giggs or Ferdinand.

Thoughts?

I'd guess

* 01 Van der Sar,
* 03 Evra
* 12 Smalling
* 15 Vidic
* 22 O'Shea
* 08 Anderson
* 17 Nani
* 18 Scholes
* 25 Valencia
* 28 Gibson
* 09 Berbatov

Substitutes

* 29 Kuszczak
* 06 Brown,
* 20 Fabio Da Silva,
* 13 Park Ji-Sung,
* 16 Carrick,
* 07 Owen,
* 14 Hernandez

And before anyone starts, it's important how our opponents line up...

We have to put out a team we can rely on to battle for 90 minutes so therefore no Balotelli, I would not even have him on the bench.

Hart
Richards(Barry), Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta
Sweep, Yaya, De Jong, Barry(Milner), Silva, AJ

No out and out forward as they are all crap anyway, win the midfield battle and try for a goal from a corner (Lescott, Richards) or a free kick (Silva, Barry).

I think this formation would completely fool Slur.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.