CITY v The Rags - F.A Cup Semi-Final Official Match Thread

I might be a complete fool but my thoughts are that if we go out there tomorrow with the idea of trying to swamp them in midfield and try and snatch a goal on the break we are simply going to be picked off just like we have been by them over the last goodness knows how many matches.

Go out there with a winning mentality, take the game to them and DO NOT allow them to dictate the pattern of play.

Mancini has already stated that he is not going out there to take the game to the rags, his thoughts are that the only way we can win is by stopping them playing, I guess this will be greeted with glee by old whisky nose as he is well aware that this has been our tactics against the rags for far too long with no success whatsoever.

Ask yourself this question - If the rags play barcelona in the european cup do you think that Fergies plan will be to stop them playing ? - I beleive not, he will instill in his team the belief that the only way to win is to take the game to the opposition.

I fear that our negative approach to tomorrows game will lead inevitably to another heartbreaking defeat, City's success in the past has always been down to the fact that they truly believed in their ability to beat anyone - either paly the way we did against Sunderland or suffer the consquences.

------------Hart----------

Micah---VK-----JL----Zabba

------Yaya----NDJ-----

AJ-------Silva------Balo

--------Dzeko---------

Freestyler said:
I used to make these official match threads every week and we kept winning, so i've come back to hopefully bring us some luck and keep the winning streak up!

Not much to say really, it's a Derby anything can happen. United are there for the taking i feel, no one has the bollocks to go out and hit them hard.

Tevez more than likely will be out, shrek out, balanced it right out.

If we go their to defend and lose i feel Mancini will lose the fanbase, we need to go with a balanced side, most important with width in the team and creativity across the pitch with a strong midfield presence.

Balotelli looks uninterested, we can't afford passengers in this team for a game like this, as follows my team based on Richards fully fit and Tevez unfit.

----------------------Hart

Richards-----Kompany-----Lescott-----Pab Zab

--------------Y.Toure---De Jong

-------Johnson-------Milner------------Silva

----------------------Dzeko

I believe the team above has the ability to beat the scum.

swap yaya and milner and Dzeko for balo (we need some pace...............)

-- Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 pm --

balkanno said:
Richard said:
------------------------------Hart------------------------------------

---Richards--------Kompany-----------Lescott----------Zabaleta-------

-------------------De Jong-----------Toure--------------------------

---SWP---------------------Silva-----------------------Johnson-----

------------------------------Dzeko---------------------------------

I would expect some Service there,

SWP right footed - direct crossing
AJ left footed - direct crossing

Logic good, Setup risky.

first team ive seen i actually like the look of...........has potential this one and has cheered me up - a bit.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 pm --<br /><br />
WNRH said:
-----------------Hart----------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Zabaleta
-------------de Jong-----------------
------------------Yaya---------------
Johnson--------Balotelli----------Silva
----------------Dzeko----------------

this is one team that definitely wont be playing......................

davelyncooper said:
I might be a complete fool but my thoughts are that if we go out there tomorrow with the idea of trying to swamp them in midfield and try and snatch a goal on the break we are simply going to be picked off just like we have been by them over the last goodness knows how many matches.

Go out there with a winning mentality, take the game to them and DO NOT allow them to dictate the pattern of play.

Mancini has already stated that he is not going out there to take the game to the rags, his thoughts are that the only way we can win is by stopping them playing, I guess this will be greeted with glee by old whisky nose as he is well aware that this has been our tactics against the rags for far too long with no success whatsoever.

Ask yourself this question - If the rags play barcelona in the european cup do you think that Fergies plan will be to stop them playing ? - I beleive not, he will instill in his team the belief that the only way to win is to take the game to the opposition.

I fear that our negative approach to tomorrows game will lead inevitably to another heartbreaking defeat, City's success in the past has always been down to the fact that they truly believed in their ability to beat anyone - either paly the way we did against Sunderland or suffer the consquences.

I can see your point and can see why you would say that, but if we play like we did against Sunderland we would get picked off easier and quicker. That day we played a team in very bad form and battered them using 4-4-2 . Then we went to Anfield with the same formation and got our arse handed to us . Going at them would improve our chances of scoring but it would help theirs massively. There is massive difference between Sunderland and the rags , the rags can play on the counter and would cause us many more problems than Sunderland did. Even if we put three men in the middle , we would then dictate the play and have more men to limit their threat from the midfield and prevent them from controlling the game . As long as we have the connection between the midfield and the striker in the form of David Silva we will create chances and cause them problems . I seem to remember we went to old trafford with 4-4-3 or 4-5-1 whichever way you want to look at it , and we dominated the game , created chances and were the better team. We were beaten by a one in a million goal and we didn't deserve to lose. But at the end of the day formation will not matter , the determining factor will be belief . If we go into the game believing that we can win and beat these rag bastards , we will get through it and come out victorious. Show the same belief , work and graft that we showed at the swamp this year , we will win , I am certain of it . CTID

I'd pick the 6 who I believe may actually want to play for and love the club.
Hart,
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Zabaletta
SWP
DeJong
Then pick the rest from the players who are only here for the money and couldn't care less about the club and fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.