City v United Beijing friendly pre match - CANCELLED

Different ball game this season I reckon mate. Think it will be the most competitive league season for years personally, but we will see!
Know where your coming from every 3 points is 3 closer to the target of 80 which is the minimum you need to post to be in with a chance. It's best to start accumulating points early but as we saw last year getting off to a flyer meant nothing in the end. What is essential is that we don't fall to far behind the leader. Personally looking at the fixture list the crucial months for us will be Dec & Jan if we are near the top in Feb and get a reasonable run with injuries we will be hard to stop imo.

An awful way to prepare for any new season even BEFORE this game was cancelled. No positive spin can be put on it. From a football perspective the risks outweigh the advantages and even now we've another game to play and won't be back at the CFA until the weekend. I hope we've not undermined our chances of PL success before a balls been kicked.
1 game played by predominantly reserve & EDS players & less than 3 weeks to go......Pep must be going mad !!
I expect he's pleased not to have to play this one game, but the training conditions: maximum humidity, heat, and travel are sub-optimal to say the least, and no one seems to learn anything from the previous Summer. We travelled more than any other club last Summer, and ended up with the worst injury record. Cause or correlation? I can't say, but I don't think managers like Mourinho and Guardiola would plan to commit to much valuable time out in China or the Far East at this stage.

That was an end of season tour after they escaped the drop only for this incident to get the manager the chop!!
That boat has sailed mate. This is the reality of preseason in today's game and it's not going to change anytime soon.
I don't think anybody(apart from fans who live in these far flung places) would disagree with your idea of a preseason.

Thursday's match is in Shenzhen, just across the border from Hong Kong, about 20 miles away.

I can tell you as someone living in HK that the weather here has been exceptionally warm. Temperatures of 34-37 C are forecast towards the end of the week. A typhoon is also in the offing. China in July is most definitely not the place for pre-season warm-up matches but the financial attractions of an expanded fan base are very powerful, alas.

Thursday's match is in Shenzhen, just across the border from Hong Kong, about 20 miles away.

I can tell you as someone living in HK that the weather here has been exceptionally warm. Temperatures of 34-37 C are forecast towards the end of the week. A typhoon is also in the offing. China in July is most definitely not the place for pre-season warm-up matches but the financial attractions of an expanded fan base are very powerful, alas.

We've still got a chance to get some good value from this tour, whereas the RAGS have fucked off with a bad taste in their mouths and their tails between their collective legs!

I'll be surprised if they don't hastily arrange another friendly either before or after the Arsenal match.

Know where your coming from every 3 points is 3 closer to the target of 80 which is the minimum you need to post to be in with a chance. It's best to start accumulating points early but as we saw last year getting off to a flyer meant nothing in the end. What is essential is that we don't fall to far behind the leader. Personally looking at the fixture list the crucial months for us will be Dec & Jan if we are near the top in Feb and get a reasonable run with injuries we will be hard to stop imo.

VERY optimistic......we've a huge re engineering job on. Attitude,fitness + some elite level quality.

This pre season shambles probably hasn't helped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.