City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

At 0-3 I really thought they'd end up matching or beating the 1-6. That would have been a disaster. It would have permanently taken the gloss off of that result and would have handed them the initiative in the title race.

I've never seen as many smiling faces among our fans after we've lost a game. And could never have imagined the response we saw at the final whistle after losing to United.

We're out of the cup but I think the second half could end up as being seen as a major step towards winning the league.

Why is Rooney allowed to continually harass the referee without getting a booking?

I thought there was a campaign going that only the captain can speak to the referee?

Our biggest mistake was not adjusting the side after the sending off. Milner at RB and Micah at CH did not work, we lost our midfield, sat too deep, gave wanker Wayne too much space and became easy meat. I think Bobby hoped to get to HT just one down, he even had Savic warming up but sat him down again.

Once we got our shape back and had players playing in their right positions, we out thought and out played them even with ten men.

Its strange to be beaten 2-3 but come out of the game with more plaudits than them. We answered a lot of questions yesterday, and the myth of "lack of team spirit" well and truly shot down. A depleted side down to ten men embarrassing a full strength rag side in the second half highlights their big problems. They are very reliant on Rooney, without him they are distinctly average.

I don't wish him a bad injury, but if they loose him for three or four weeks, their season is done.

It was noticeable against Arsenal last year when Boyata was sent off that Mancini didnt immediately make a substitution. I suppose the notion of taking a fresh player off after 10mins and having to play 80 mins with 10 men and only 2 available substitutions isnt something that he wants to rush into.

Kris_Musampa said:
Our biggest mistake was not adjusting the side after the sending off..

I know what you're saying but he wanted to change the shape and it could have been worse if there was mis communication in the transition.

To think the difference was really a penalty, we did wonderful

I think changing the side at HT was probably the most sensible thing, when it could be done in a relatively calm way with the team as a whole being informed in more detail about the changes required.

Wholesale changes only 10 minutes into a game might induce an element of panic, which would have made things worse. The situation was bad enough as it is, and you could feel that there was a sort of shellshock in the team after the unexpected and unjustified sending-off.

Second half settled once and for all what is actually the best team in the EPL at the moment.

Yet the reporter on the BBC news said that ManU had won the game in "quite exhilarating style"!!!

Rags are moaning today that they are getting 'faint praise' and 'not enough credit' for their win.
They are deluded if they couldn't see what virtually every journalist and neutral fan did, which concurs with City fans' assessment of the merits of the teams and where the title will end up.
For all their talk of injuries, they were almost at full strength yesterday. Certainly compared to us.
That's the best they've got and if I was a rag, I would be very concerned.

cibaman said:
At 0-3 I really thought they'd end up matching or beating the 1-6. That would have been a disaster. It would have permanently taken the gloss off of that result and would have handed them the initiative in the title race.

I've never seen as many smiling faces among our fans after we've lost a game. And could never have imagined the response we saw at the final whistle after losing to United.

We're out of the cup but I think the second half could end up as being seen as a major step towards winning the league.

i know i didn't know what to do with myself at HT, i was in the match day thread calling for defenders to keep it at 3-0. at full time i was walking around the house singing "we're not really here" lol.

2 freak things have happened in derby's this year that won't happen for a long time, the 1st being the obvious 6-1 and the 2nd being that we lost to utd but our fans are generally quite pleased about how it turned out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.