City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

Re: City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

Ferguson gutted after the match; he wanted a five goal margin. Claims the sending off was legitimate, so the right ears hear, and Kompany's ban stands. He's a horrible bitter old man.

Hope the card gets over-turned.

Wrong decision playing Kolorov, and dropping Hart. I'm afraid Nasri looks very average; hopefully he'll get better.

Re: Heroic!

bluecroi said:
homerdog said:
bluecroi said:
I'm not happy with the way we played for the majority of the game.

With 10 men you mean? Twat...

Our effort wasn't great for the first half. They picked it up no end in the second half, but ducking out of the way of the second goal, standing their pouting at the penalty when it was saved, standing off a lot in the first half. That was laziness. They, to their credit worked their socks off in the last part of the game. Credit where credit is due, but we could have done with that effort for the entire game.

twat2.gif
bluecroi

Re: Rooney man of the match????????

Man of the match? I thought he'd won mane of the match! His new locks are really something else.

City Raider said:
feeling confused! out against the rags but proud, almost in a good mood - can't be right?

I know how you feel mate! I think all us Blues feel a bit confused in a good way. I think its great that we fought back so hard in the 2nd half and got 2 goals with 10 men and didn't concede. We won't consider this as a blip and it will give us more confidence and momentum for the title.

Aguero, Micah, Milner, Kolarov, Savic ... fuck, every Blue on the pitch was a beast today!

City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

almost more than the 6-1 this game proved things have changed, no hart, toure, clichy, barry, dzeko, balo and by the end add silva and komps- probs only vidic could improve them

I'm a Utd supporter. Last year I correctly suggested here that City won't win the league because a team is needed for that and it was likely that it would take time for that to happen. At the start of this year I predicted that City will either win or go very close to winning the league because the squad had settled and become a team. Anyway, I am convinced that City will win the league now. That was a very impressive second half display and at times I thought that United looked like the side with 10 men. Was it a sending off? On the strict interpretation of the law it was. Would I have been happy if it was the other way around ... no. Take some positives out of the game. That was a brilliant second half performance. The side looked like a team throughout. Not playing in the Cup actually makes the chance of winning the league greater. It might not feel like it now but the Europa games + Cup + League would have taken a toll on the squad. Finally, I thought Aguero was MOM not Rooney but it seems to be a tradition to give it to a player on the winning team.

We learned a lot from today. We will beat them when it matters. No doubt that Mancini will be the happier of the two managers.

They would have wanted to put away the haunting of their humiliation by doing the same to us, in the end they barely managed to scrap past a weakened 10 man team.
Neither manager would have been too bothered about being out of the tie, particularly when the race is so close.
I still wonder how the rags manage to do so consistently well with a pretty average group of players.
Today, we didn't play well in the first half, we didn't try, at times we stood and sulked, we weren't brave, we weren't winning the 50/50 balls, and I apologies if that some how offends some of the happy clappy fans. I wont ignore the negatives and smile and nod at the positives just because we almost won.

There are negatives, so I wont ignore them for the sake of keeping people happy.
I was worried that despite all our recent success and the massive investment made in our club, that we forgot about the heart, and we had none for the first half, like it or not we had little heart, but against it all, when everyone said they would hammer us 6/7-0 we came back and made a point that we will fight and that these players are prepared to fight, and that they do care about the club, not just their heavy pay packet, and honestly, I'll admit, I wasn't sure of until the game today. In the past when things when wrong, when the wheels weren't breaking we went off the tracks.
But today, today I saw something that reminded me so much of the old City.

Today, we didn't need today as much as they did, we didn't need the momentum, and we didn't lose our momentum.
Am I happy with the loss, even if it was a gallant loss, no because we had the ability to win, and had we pulled the finger out in the first half I think we might have. I wont pretend to be happy with the mistakes made. But I am proud of them, and today confirmed more than ever that we are the better team and we have nothing to fear. The title is ours to loose.
We hammered them the first time, the loss today, despite a weak team and being 1 man down, it just confirmed it and the hammering we will give them in a few weeks will cement it.

They are not as good as they were and an old man is the only thing that separates the team from being a mid table club.
For the first time I do not fear them or even dread them, I can't wait to watch our lads rip them a new one.
Our team is without question a much better team than there's. Our players, head to head, stand a mile apart.
You get what you deserve and by the end of the season the ebb and flow of the season will make sure of that. I fully belief that if we keep up the effort and the intensity, that we will be champions and we'll deserve it.

Bring on the rest of the season, what a time to be a Blue. Never thought I'd see this day.

City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

Trying to be be impartial that Kompany tackle watching live I thought it was a fair tackle took the ball but heres the think Kompany left the ground with two feet he might of took the ball on the full but leaving the ground like that any appeal will be denied we could end up missing Kompany for 5 games :-(

brasilboy said:
I'm a Utd supporter. Last year I correctly suggested here that City won't win the league because a team is needed for that and it was likely that it would take time for that to happen. At the start of this year I predicted that City will either win or go very close to winning the league because the squad had settled and become a team. Anyway, I am convinced that City will win the league now. That was a very impressive second half display and at times I thought that United looked like the side with 10 men. Was it a sending off? On the strict interpretation of the law it was. Would I have been happy if it was the other way around ... no. Take some positives out of the game. That was a brilliant second half performance. The side looked like a team throughout. Not playing in the Cup actually makes the chance of winning the league greater. It might not feel like it now but the Europa games + Cup + League would have taken a toll on the squad. Finally, I thought Aguero was MOM not Rooney but it seems to be a tradition to give it to a player on the winning team.

Agree with all of that, except the bit about the red card. Never a red card in a million years. In fact, it wasn't even a foul. Only a self obsessed prick who's never actually played the game would have sent Kompany off. The standard of refereeing in this country has hit rock bottom.

hgblue said:
brasilboy said:

Agree with all of that, except the bit about the red card. Never a red card in a million years. In fact, it wasn't even a foul. Only a self obsessed prick who's never actually played the game would have sent Kompany off. The standard of refereeing in this country has hit rock bottom.

Never a red card five years ago. Five years ago, it was a top tackle. It was a fair tackle. It was welcome to our house, type of tackle.

Now? In the arguement that rules state that a two footed tackle is a red card. You can't tackle in football anymore. It's not just the rags. It's where English football is going.

I was waiting for a heavy Scholes tackle the second he took to the pitch, where everyone laughed with a "good old Scholes, he could never tackle," and it reittereated how far the game has gone in the last few years from being an attempt to clump the shit out of eachother if needed, because that's just part of the English game.
Remember the first 5/10 minutes welcome tackle in a big game. The intimidating tackles. Where have they gone?

That's gone, and we're looking at the more European version, where the reffing is stricter, and protects the tackled player more.
And while that's great for the Barca team, we (and when I say we I mean every team in England) just don't have the ability to play the way they do. Which is going to lead to a very frustrated type of game in England, with the old style gone, and not enough skill to play the way they do in Spain.

You've got to wonder where it's going to leave us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.