City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

Re: City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

Pride in Battle, Proud of City

If ever the club and team needed a performance in which could spur them on to win the title it was this. The underhand tactics of United's players, the desperate pleading to an easily influenced referee, the sheer desperation from a club on the wane in which United were.

City have seen all this and will realise now, more than ever, that this is the year to drive the truth home that City ARE the future and that no matter how many retired has beens they bring back on the sly, United's 'reign' IS over. All today was, was a stay of execution, a brief moment of 'joy' to which their spoiled masses can gloat over, but even they know there is nothing to gloat over this result.

City looked the better team, even down to ten men. United looked tired, desperate, bereft of ideas...and that's even before we get to Foy's "performance". City can look back on this result with their heads held high, United can look forward to a trip to Liverpool away, right when injuries and fatigue begins to take it toll in their title race.

United face the realisation their squad just isn't big enough or talented enough to challenge City. A truly remarkable feeling has befallen United fans today. Today this was a scalp for THEM.

City meanwhile face the realisation, if they didn't know it already, that they truly are the better team.

Because the league isn't decided on one match.

bitterly dissappointed with the way things panned out.

cross with Mancini for not picking Hart and Clichy, no reason to leave them out, hardly sent the right message.

Vinnie won't get that rescinded, didn't need to make the challenge.

Felt we stood off them too much after the red like they did at OT which gave them a pretty easy 3-0 lead(don't know what NDJ was doing for Welbeck's goal, he's the 1 man who should be putting his foot in come hell or high water) but cannot fault us in the 2nd half.

Felt the ref made some mistakes for both sides, both could have penalties in the 2nd half.

The draws are so rigged though, sorry, its so blatant.

Like people have said, we beat them 6-1 when 1-0 up with only 43 mins left to play. They had most of the game against 10 men with a 1-0 lead and they scraped it in the end.

we're having a poor run for our standards, we need to win on wednesday and we need to crack on with the league now.

Bellamyend said:
happy enough with 2nd half performance

the rags really could capitulate this season and as far as I am concerned the league is over & my focus is shifting to next seasons assault on the UCL

only downer for me was atmos like a morgue 1st half & the shameful chants at Ryan Giggs. some of our so called "fans" have no class.
maybe we should cheer him next time and give him a heroes welcome?

it's getting pretty clear that we're going to play twice as good we are if we want to win stuff.

It can't be an accident anymore - 2 laughable red cards and lost due to offside goals in last 3 games, stonewall penalty at Chelsea, Reina's handball outside the box... and in same time United getting laughable red cards for their opponents (us and Wigan), stonewall penalty in Newcastle not called etc, etc..

It's clear what's going on behind scenes (add Bayern penalties too), the power in charge of the game want to stop us winning things.

Positive from today!

Milner is going to be awesome in the centre with Barry by his side. Honestly don't think we'll miss Yaya with Jimmy as our box to box player.

I think Bobby deserves a huge amount of credit for that second half display, the substitutions were brilliant. Also, I thought Richards was a beast today too, if that overhead kick had gone in I don't think I'd be home from Eastlands yet.

Some awesome displays today. But for me Milner, Richards and Aguero were absolutely stand out performers.

Btw how shit is the future England captain ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.