City v United FA Cup Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would you take a draw on Sunday?

No, take a couple of ready rolled 1 skinners for
beforehand. I wouldn't carry anything into the stadium.
No point anyway because you can't smoke in there.

UUBlue said:
I'd take a draw. Remember we lost 3-0 last season before beating them in the semi. They have just lost 3-0, so must be favourites. Many other reasons spring to mind:

- they have never lost three in a row
- teams tend to win after a 0-3 defeat
- Rooney is due to return to form
- they are still smarting after the 1-6
- we have no Yaya
- we have no Barry
- we have no Kolo
- we have Lescott

A draw and then the opportunity to play them again at their place later in the month would give us the chance to win the tie, as some of the above factors would no longer apply.

We have a great opportunity to win everything this season, and it is crucial we win the replay.
Jesus... please tell me this a 'clarkie'

Firstly, yes they have lost 3 in a row before.

Secondly, where is it written in the scriptures that teams win after losing 3-0 the previous match.

Thirdly, we have the squad to cope with such player losses in my opinion.

And lastly, i don't want the team to have to play another game in an already hectic month.

P.S. What have you got against Lescott?

Didsbury Dave said:
No I don't want a draw for obvious reasons of fixture congestion.

But if we're 1-0 down and pushing on in the last few minutes, be sure I'll be roaring us on to equalise.

Absolutely not!!! This at the mo is OUR trophy!! Better chance at home than away and wanna keep putting these twats down!!

Would you take a draw on Sunday?

pudge said:
UUBlue said:
I'd take a draw. Remember we lost 3-0 last season before beating them in the semi. They have just lost 3-0, so must be favourites. Many other reasons spring to mind:

- they have never lost three in a row
- teams tend to win after a 0-3 defeat
- Rooney is due to return to form
- they are still smarting after the 1-6
- we have no Yaya
- we have no Barry
- we have no Kolo
- we have Lescott

A draw and then the opportunity to play them again at their place later in the month would give us the chance to win the tie, as some of the above factors would no longer apply.

We have a great opportunity to win everything this season, and it is crucial we win the replay.
Jesus... please tell me this a 'clarkie'

Firstly, yes they have lost 3 in a row before.

Secondly, where is it written in the scriptures that teams win after losing 3-0 the previous match.

Thirdly, we have the squad to cope with such player losses in my opinion.

And lastly, i don't want the team to have to play another game in an already hectic month.

P.S. What have you got against Lescott?

No, not at all serious. It was a tongue in cheek response to a ridiculous thread. These threads are becoming all too common - someone feels they have to post a new thread just for the sake of it. The answer from everyone to the original question has to be 'No, I wouldn't take a draw'.

I've got nothing against Lescott. Not the best distributor, but great in the air and in defence, which is what he is employed to do.

Does anyone agree that Hart is the best English goalkeeper? I'm just off to start another thread.

Re: City v United FA Cup Thread

--------------Hart--------------

Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy

-----Milner------Hargreaves-----

AJ-----------Silva---------Nasri

------------Aguero------------

-------------Hart-------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
--------Dejong---Milner--------
-Silva---------Aguero---------AJ
--------------Dzeko-----------

Huge game for Milner, seriously big shoes to fill in the absence of Yaya. Looks like we're without Nasri and Balotelli, along with Yaya, Barry, Kolo. I'd almost be tempted to bump Kompany up onto a DMF role next to dejong, like he used to play under hughes, and that would free up Milner to be a playmaker.

We will both play weakened teams

Look at the Rags injury list

Manchester United 9
C Smalling Tonsillitis 8th Jan 12 doubtful
J Evans Calf/Shin Injury 14th Jan 12
A Young Ankle/Foot Injury 11th Jan 12
D Fletcher Bowel Condition no return date
N Vidic ACL Knee Injury Jun 12
Fabio Hamstring Injury 14th Jan 12
M Owen Thigh Muscle Strain no return date
T Cleverley Ankle/Foot Injury no return date
T Bebe ACL Knee Injury 5th Feb 12

A draw is the last thing we need but with Dzeko, Nasri and Balotelli all less than fully fit (according to Roberto) and without Bazza, Yaya and Kolo, we may struggle. My prediction is a scrappy 1-0 victory with Aguero scoring in the last 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.