City v Villa - Police release CCTV images of 24 fans

in the wake of the report about the Telford Grooming I think the Police would be better to use there time on more serious matters. I mean who got hurt and how can they prosecute a few. The answer is get easy targets that they can add to their crime statistics. GMP total wast of space.

in the wake of the report about the Telford Grooming I think the Police would be better to use there time on more serious matters. I mean who got hurt and how can they prosecute a few. The answer is get easy targets that they can add to their crime statistics. GMP total wast of space.
Not sure Shropshire police would be using much of their time nor resources to investigate our pitch invasion, therefore your argument is moot and simple whatabouterty.

I thought they invaded the ground not so long ago. But it wasn't anything to do with a triumph, more of a protest. I think they were anything but triumphant.
This and the way Liverpool are policed (i.e. bus wrecking incident) makes any action taken by the police in this matter seem disproportionate.

The principles of policing which form the basis of Policing by Consent seem to not be applied, notably...

"To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion; but by constantly demonstrating absolutely impartial service to law, in complete independence of policy, and without regard to the justice or injustice of the substance of individual laws, by ready offering of individual service and friendship to all members of the public without regard to their wealth or social standing, by ready exercise of courtesy and friendly good humour; and by ready offering of individual sacrifice in protecting and preserving life."

Of course as we know the bit in green is obviously not applied in real life. But reading all of the principles, I fear that there are very few which the police satisfy these days.

Policing by consent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.