City v Villa - Pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Team for Villa

•Dutch defender Vincent Kompany will be making his 100th start for Manchester City, while former Aston Villa midfielder James Milner could make his 50th City appearance.

from BBC! why do people think Kompany is Dutch?

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Johnson Yaya Barry Milner Silva
Balotelli

Think you have pretty much nailed it with the above

Team for Villareal more difficult, but you can easily see:

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Lescott Kolarov
Nasri DeJong Yaya Silva
Aguero Dzeko

The position in doubt, Aguero, and I can see Mancini slipping in Barry for him(if injured), mindful of the fact that perhaps in Europe, one can be a little bit too open. (Tho, perhaps we have to stick given our position)

I'm also assuming he doesn't play Kolo in any of these games, or Hargreaves for that matter.

Which would mean that given the 4 days before the derby, team for next sunday could be:

Hart
Nasri De Jong Yaya Silva
Aguero Balotelli

The 1 concern I have here is Yaya playing 3 games in a week with his seemingly tiring nature. Perhaps Milner deserves more credit, but a chance v United in the derby? hmmm

off topic a bit... I couldn't think where else to put this.

But the Mancunian Way is closed tomorrow, from 6 am till 3.30pm for "routine maintenance"

Last time they did this on a match day it was to urgently paint road markings.

Can I just congratulate Manchester City council for their foresight and common sense on this.
Obviously doing this on a quieter Sunday morning does not make as much sense as doing it on a Saturday match day, with all the disruption it would cause.

Avillafan.com said:
bluemonkey71 said:
I'm confident we'll win. Villa have been lucky away from home. They dont pose that much of a threat.

3-0 City

Balo,Silva,Milner

Silva will be awesome again and Man of the Match.

How have we been lucky away from home?? and of course Bent, Gabby, Bannan etc dont pose much of a threat?? i just hope your team has the same cocky attitude going on to the game!

I hate to be rude as i am a visiting fan but that's the kind of dismissive attitude that made Utd Fans one of the most hated around, it seems that you have become that which you hate the most!!

Dismiss Aston Villa at your peril!
I think most City fans will be confident but wary of Villa, particularly your pace on the break. We attack a lot, and even though we've been winning games, we have been conceding chances. Teams we have played so far have squandered the few chances they have had, but Bent and Agbonlahor are good strikers.

Should be a good game

Hargreaves is in contention apparently.

Bet Given has a world class performance against us, its written in the stars just like when Dunne scored against us in our first match against Villa after he left if I remember correctly (header from a corner?).

coulsonblue said:
Hart
Balotelli

Mancini said the international players are tired, which rules out Nasri, Dzeko, Zabaleta and Kolarov. Aguero is injured, Barry and Yaya only played at the weekend and not in the week, Silva came off very early on for Spain giving him enough rest and he's vital to our play.

That leaves the above team as the only option, which would allow Silva the same amount of freedom to roam as he enjoyed v Spain, given Balotelli will drift to the wide left. Yaya and Milner will have licence to get forward greatly.

The only position up for debate is whether DeJong will be back in the side, but it may be that he is rested for Tuesday, as he shouldn't be needed tomorrow.

You can never second guess the manager, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this team. Not sure he'll rest Dzeko though, so it's him in for Milner for me, Ya Ya in defensive role and Silva in the hole.

LoveCity said:
Hargreaves is in contention apparently.

Bet Given has a world class performance against us, its written in the stars just like when Dunne scored against us in our first match against Villa after he left if I remember correctly (header from a corner?).

yes he did,and he got a bigger cheer from the mcfc faitfull than he did the villa fans.hes here,hes there, hes every fooking where richard dunn richard dunn

Got a feeling we're due a bit of bad luck tomorrow. A sending off, awful refereeing decision, something like that. Hope I'm wrong!!!

greasykieth said:
•Dutch defender Vincent Kompany will be making his 100th start for Manchester City, while former Aston Villa midfielder James Milner could make his 50th City appearance.

from BBC! why do people think Kompany is Dutch?

Hart
Balotelli

Think you have pretty much nailed it with the above

<a class="postlink" href="http://0.tqn.com/d/exoticpets/1/0/r/B/sirhoppitusbunny.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://0.tqn.com/d/exoticpets/1/0/r/B/s ... sbunny.jpg</a>
it could be his big floppy ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.