City v Villa - Pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just bothered to watch Mancini's pre-match press conference. Seems like there are going to be huge changes in the team tomorrow! Mancini wants all the players that played 2 games in 4 days to rest, and when praising Silva's form for club and country, he made sure he mentioned that he cannot play every game! Reading between the lines, it is Silva's turn to be rested tomorrow. I can see it being De Jong (welcome back!) and Hargreaves in front of the back 4 (Hargreaves probably wont play the full game though), Johnson, Milner and ????? in behind Balotelli. Kolarov and Zabaleta were on international duty, so Clichy and Richards are certs to play (good!). Just not sure who that final midfielder will be, as Barry, Yaya, Nasri and Silva all played plenty of international minutes. Unless he feels Dzeko is OK to play, despite 2 tough games for Bosnia, in which case Mario will play on the left. Can see him making sure Silva and Nasri are fresh for Villarreal and the rags (along with the timely return of Aguero). It's up to the other guys to win tomorrow's game.

.............................Dzeko..............................
Balotelli..............................................Johnson
.............................Milner..............................
.................De Jong.........Hargreaves...............
Clichy................................................Richards
..................Lescott........Kompany...................

.............................Hart................................

Subs: Pantilimon, Kolo, Barry, Yaya, Nasri, Silva, Aguero.

Liverpool are not this new force in the EPL, they are the same old under performing team that we have all known for several years! the King Kenny effect has now worn off and they are facing the fact they are still not good enough to rival Manure,Citeh,Chelski etc!

And with Citeh now worthy challengers for the title Liverpool have now dropped further away! i wager the Gunners will finish above them at the end of the season!

Most of the Villa fans will be shit faced tomorrow according to new research.

One in six mobile phones in Britain is contaminated with faecal matter, according to new research.
They found the largest proportion of contaminated phones was in Birmingham (41%)

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/one-in-six-mobile-phones-contaminated-with-faecal-bacteria.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/on ... cteria.htm</a>

Dirty shit on their hands bastards.

stony said:

One in six mobile phones in Britain is contaminated with faecal matter, according to new research.
They found the largest proportion of contaminated phones was in Birmingham (41%)

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/one-in-six-mobile-phones-contaminated-with-faecal-bacteria.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/on ... cteria.htm</a>

Thats the phones belonging to the unwashed from Small Heath Mate!!<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:40 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:

Thats the phones belonging to the unwashed from Small Heath Mate!!

Think it could be this

abBo7Gaac3.jpg

Going to be a tough match and could be our first points lost at home

Some bench though

Saw this on the NN site -

Manchester City Squad: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov, Milner, Richards, Savic, Clichy, K Toure, Y Toure, Johnson, Silva, Barry, Nasri, De Jong, Hargreaves, Balotelli, Dzeko, Pantilimon.

I would be doing my usual preview of the game today but my Internet stops working every time I go to publish it on to Blogger. Bastards.

Anyway, I think we're good enough to win this afternoon. McLeish is a very organised manager when it comes to playing City and he knows how to stop us from doing what we like to do, but eventually our attacking quality will break through. Evidence of this has been on show over the past few games (Napoli, Everton, Blackburn) so I see no reason why it won't happen today.

Steven Ireland won't be getting my applause because he's spent the last year dragging our name through the mud, but Dunney and Shay will be given a loud cheer. In fact, I hope we all show our gratitude to Richard Dunne - it still hurts to see him in a Villa shirt. He kept us in the Premier League single-handedly under Pearce. And no matter how good Kompany and Lescott are together now, no centre-half performance will ever be better than Dunne and Richards' against United in August 2007.

I think we're going to win today. Some of the football we've been playing amidst the Tevez fraca has been some of our best this season, and Villa's terrible away record over the last year may be huge factors coming into this afternoon's game. Villa have exceptional quality up front in N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor and Bent but I don't think it's going to be enough for them this afternoon.

I really hope Balotelli gets to start today because his record against Villa - and his current form for that matter - is exceptional. It looks as if he's finally getting his head down now that Aguero and Dzeko are firing on all cylinders. His celebration against Everton really showed that he's "embracing" (excuse the pun) the chance to become City's new star foward.

Manchester City 2-0 Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.