City v Villa Ticket news

m20.benny said:
£22.50 is too much for a tinpot rumbelows cup fixture.

should be £10 cup scheme and £15 the rest, maximum.

47,000 paying an average of £12.50 = £587,500
28,000 paying an average of £20.00 = £560,000

nice to see we still have dickheads running our club.

This ^^

Especially since my QPR ticket only cost £30.00.

I'm not moaning about the £30 ticket, which I thought reasonable. However I think someone has clearly positioned the price of this one incorrectly. I would say £15 in the max it should have been set at.

Think the 2 clubs meet and decide pricing between them so the pricing is not solely down to city for this one. City from what I have read try to keep pricing low. I am sure I read that the united game in early round of the cup last season was expensive due to united not agreeing with the low pricing. City got around this though slightly with the price guarantee attached to the cup scheme.

kippaxkid74 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Prohibited Items

The following items are not allowed to be brought in to the Etihad Stadium:

Bags larger than A4 size

hahahahaha oh that makes me laugh!

What a load of bollocks! In other words any bag that isn't a handbag is now banned. As you can't get a backpack A4 or smaller. I see plenty at matches with small backpacks that are bigger than A4, and what about the tourist who has over filled carrier bags from teh shop - they're bigger than A4?!

Don't forget people, bags are deadly ;)

(imo as long as they fit under your seat i don't see the problem, stewards look inside them on the way in, have done for years - why the new rule?!)

The less that you are allowed to bring in the more likely that you are to buy it in the stadium.

Yes bags can be deadly, if it's under your seat and there's an evacuation someone may trip over it in the rush to get out.

Basically it's arse covering for Health & Safety purposes, but they want you to believe that it's for 'security'.

Went to Yankee Stadium to watch the rounders. The only day I took a 20 litre backpack with me. Had to go to this check in service and pay for it to be looked after. You do not get into the stadium there with a backpack.

I was also dicking about with the exposure on my camera as the image I was taking had areas of shadow and bright sun. Security guard thought I was videoing it for a terrorist attack, the knob!

good prices but it aint gonna sell out no way !! if it was a fiver wed sell the ground out 10 times like the hamburg game. not payin 20 quid to watch the reserves when I can watch it in the pub

bluebannana said:
good prices but it aint gonna sell out no way !! if it was a fiver wed sell the ground out 10 times like the hamburg game. not payin 20 quid to watch the reserves when I can watch it in the pub

Big difference between a European quarter final and a 2nd round capital cup game.

Im not going and wouldnt be if it was a fiver. I just dont fancy watching a 2nd string play a villa 2nd string.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
bluebannana said:

Big difference between a European quarter final and a 2nd round capital cup game.

Im not going and wouldnt be if it was a fiver. I just dont fancy watching a 2nd string play a villa 2nd string.

maybe there is a big difference but you only have to look at arsenal selling out 60,000 easy cos they price it that cheap. All the locals would go

always think its a missed opportunity

cheap tickets work as they did for Hamburg

and better to make the same amount of money-ish but get more people going to games and thereby increase the size of the potential match going supporter pot, which in turn increases general demand, and attendances, and revenues etc

not to mention not having a shit atmosphere in the ground otherwise

Carver said:
kippaxkid74 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Prohibited Items

The following items are not allowed to be brought in to the Etihad Stadium:

Bags larger than A4 size

hahahahaha oh that makes me laugh!

What a load of bollocks! In other words any bag that isn't a handbag is now banned. As you can't get a backpack A4 or smaller. I see plenty at matches with small backpacks that are bigger than A4, and what about the tourist who has over filled carrier bags from teh shop - they're bigger than A4?!

Don't forget people, bags are deadly ;)

(imo as long as they fit under your seat i don't see the problem, stewards look inside them on the way in, have done for years - why the new rule?!)

The less that you are allowed to bring in the more likely that you are to buy it in the stadium.

Yes bags can be deadly, if it's under your seat and there's an evacuation someone may trip over it in the rush to get out.

Basically it's arse covering for Health & Safety purposes, but they want you to believe that it's for 'security'.!

For 9 years though city have had no problem with bags though, it's not been on the stadium rules.
Wembley Stadium had no problem, neither did olympic venues this summer.

I'll make sure that in the winter when i've gone to a night match on the train, i'll just carry in my hands my brolly and some vegan food (that city don't sell!), if i buy anything in manc on the way as a xmas presie i'll just carry that bagless as well, a book or a dvd - just throw it on the floor loose under your seat and let the programme get wet and stuff my money in my pocket and basically be bag free for citys behalf.

like hell i will ;)

The 16-21 year olds price works out dearer than the same age band season ticket price if divided by 19 league games. So you pay more to see two reserve sides in a cup that no one is that arsed about being knocked out of than you would a title deciding match in a Manchester derby :-/

£22.50 is a good price if all matches were at that price, but with Arsenal two days before, Fulham few days after and many doing Madrid, Amsterdam and Dortmund it's a lot when it's all added up.

Villa will bring 3-400, we will have 18,000 or so, it will be less than 20,000.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.