City v Watford Post Match Thread

de niro said:
you rotate when you have the players to rotate, we clearly haven't, hence pelli not only admitting it but getting as many established players as possible on.

yes change a couple, 3 even but any more than that and you will go out of any tournament you are in sooner rather than later.

"waits for nodding dogs, bits of kids and plastics to respond"

Lay off the carpet glue Bill.<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:31 pm --<br /><br />
de niro said:
Shaelumstash said:
blueinsa said:
League Cup final, Check!

FA cup 5th round, Check!

2nd in Premier league, Check!

Last 16 CL, Check!

Last 19 games, won 17, drawn 2, lost 0, Check!

Only mistake was you logging on to post that shit!

Love it when people who've not seen the game quote stats about previous games as if it's relevant.

agreed.
I ignore all posts that starts "I didn't see the game but...."

Brilliant pmsl.....

BigJoe#1 said:
WTF is all this Bo!!0x about???

We played a second string, we won (maybe not as easily as some on here think ewe are always entitled to) we're in the draw for the fifth round and still competing in four competitions...

Some on here really do need to consider just how fortunate they are to be supporting City at this fantastic time.

Well done and congratulations Manuel Pellegrini you are rotating the squad superbly and on the back of that we have won 15 and drawn 2 of our last 15 games. That'll do for me any day of the week.
Now I knew Manuel was doing well, but I didn't realise it was THAT well!

;-)

de niro said:
you rotate when you have the players to rotate, we clearly haven't, hence pelli not only admitting it but getting as many established players as possible on.

yes change a couple, 3 even but any more than that and you will go out of any tournament you are in sooner rather than later.

well i won't disappoint you then, he played same type team ( no Vinny no YaYa no Zaba) v West Ham away a PL team and we won well, do you not think he might of thought like most on here did a team of 11 internationals could cope with a championship side ? we played badly no doubt but i bet no one can truthfully say after seeing the line up we would be 2 down, it was as bad a first half as we could get.
MP did not fuck about it wasnt working and he sorted it quick time, i would just be glad we got a man in charge who is not to stubborn to admit it had to change and did so,

bluemc1 said:
de niro said:

well i won't disappoint you then, he played same type team ( no Vinny no YaYa no Zaba) v West Ham away a PL team and we won well, do you not think he might of thought like most on here did a team of 11 internationals could cope with a championship side ? we played badly no doubt but i bet no one can truthfully say after seeing the line up we would be 2 down, it was as bad a first half as we could get.
MP did not fuck about it wasnt working and he sorted it quick time, i would just be glad we got a man in charge who is not to stubborn to admit it had to change and did so,

We have not got to the point yet as a club where no matter who makes the starting eleven (within reason) you can anticipate what sort of fist that eleven is gonna make. Yesterday I had Jack R down for a decent game, Marcos L to continue where he left off, and Micah to provide what we know he can. None of it materialised.

We also seem still to be totally flummoxed by a team that presses high with at least three well into our half from our GK, and players are left to their own devices when surrounded by three opponents. I thought after the Cup Final last year we would have half an answer to that tactic.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
bluemc1 said:
de niro said:

We have not got to the point yet as a club where no matter who makes the starting eleven (within reason) you can anticipate what sort of fist that eleven is gonna make. Yesterday I had Jack R down for a decent game, Marcos L to continue where he left off, and Micah to provide what we know he can. None of it materialised.

We also seem still to be totally flummoxed by a team that presses high with at least three well into our half from our GK, and players are left to their own devices when surrounded by three opponents. I thought after the Cup Final last year we would have half an answer to that tactic.

yeah i agree totally, we do struggle with that, and to be fair a lot of the games when this has happened we have had what was close to our strongest side out, for me we have to spot these games coming up and play 5 in MF giving the extra option when we closed down quickly, not saying this will work but its what i would give a try,

bluemc1 said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
bluemc1 said:

yeah i agree totally, we do struggle with that, and to be fair a lot of the games when this has happened we have had what was close to our strongest side out, for me we have to spot these games coming up and play 5 in MF giving the extra option when we closed down quickly, not saying this will work but its what i would give a try,
When we are at completely full strength, we're very much helped by the fact that both Negredo and Aguero do a lot of hard work when we don't have the ball. (Not a slam on Dzeko for fans of his.)

Quite a lot of infighting on Bluemoon these days. Starting to look more like RAWK by the day, which is very unfortunate.

Still waiting to see highlights so I can get a limited sense of the performance. Hoping to get back for the Villa match (birthday and the first time back to Manchester since 2006). Won't have to worry about waiting for video then (very strange coverage: first match I haven't watched in about two years--I imagine it is a similar time for other blues abroad).

SebastianBlue said:
Quite a lot of infighting on Bluemoon these days. Starting to look more like RAWK by the day, which is very unfortunate.

Still waiting to see highlights so I can get a limited sense of the performance. Hoping to get back for the Villa match (birthday and the first time back to Manchester since 2006). Won't have to worry about waiting for video then (very strange coverage: first match I haven't watched in about two years--I imagine it is a similar time for other blues abroad).
TCIB posted a torrent of the highlight show in the Matchday Forum. It's in HD and everything! :)

taconinja said:
SebastianBlue said:

TCIB posted a torrent of the highlight show in the Matchday Forum. It's in HD and everything! :)

Cheers mate!

I actually searched around the forum and the internet but must of missed it.

Just as an aside, but watching the highlights on ITV last night, it seemed as though it had all been filmed on an iPhone or something. Was the lack of cameras (or decent ones at that) the reason there was no stream?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.