City v Watford Post Match Thread

mcfc2607 said:
Shaelumstash said:
blueinsa said:
Go on then, tell me why I didn't see the game?

I love when someone like you desperately tries to find something to moan about.

Previous games results are more than relevant given you claim every week what a fuck up he has made despite us continually winning games of football.

Again, only mistakes being made are you logging on and failing to engage your brain before fingers!

So did you see the game?

I'm not moaning, I'm being realistic. People are absolutely raving about this season like Pellegrini has completely turned around the fortunes of a struggling side! He spent 100m and we're 2 points better off than last season! 4 points WORSE off than the season before!

If you'd bothered to read my posts, I've said I'm enjoying all the goals as much as anyone this season, but let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. Pellegrini could still end up being the new Kevin Keegan.
Your boring. Are you ever happy

Thanks. Yes, I'm happiest when we win the league. I think there's some on here that will settle for us finishing second as long as we get 100 league goals. Horses for courses, but I'd rather win the league.

I've tried to stay out of the debate but having read [ad nauseam] all of the posts, I have these questions:

1. Should Lescott, Demichelis, Richards, Rodwell, and Lopes ever be selected? If not, who should be counted among our squad?

2. What match, specifically, should we have rotated the squad instead of this match?

3. Is there a possibility that a manager, of some regard, would choose to test the qualities, form, and mindset of fringe squad players in a lower priority venue?

4. Is there a limit to a human's physical endurance or can they play indefinitely?

5. Why are we calling each other names?

And with that, I sign off to attempt, most likely unsuccessfully, to sleep.

SebastianBlue said:
I've tried to stay out of the debate but having read [ad nauseam] all of the posts, I have these questions:

1. Should Lescott, Demichelis, Richards, Rodwell, and Lopes ever be selected? If not, who should be counted among our squad?

2. What match, specifically, should we have rotated the squad instead of this match?

3. Is there a possibility that a manager, of some regard, would choose to test the qualities, form, and mindset of fringe squad players in a lower priority venue?

4. Is there a limit to a human's physical endurance or can they play indefinitely?

5. Why are we calling each other names?

And with that, I sign off to attempt, most likely unsuccessfully, to sleep.

Sleep soundly, because we won.

It's simple really.

We scored 4 goals and they scored 2.

I don't know what the problem is myself either.

Shaelumstash said:
blueinsa said:
Shaelumstash said:
Love it when people who've not seen the game quote stats about previous games as if it's relevant.

Previous games results are more than relevant given you claim every week what a fuck up he has made despite us continually winning games of football.

Again, only mistakes being made are you logging on and failing to engage your brain before fingers!

So did you see the game?

I'm not moaning, I'm being realistic. People are absolutely raving about this season like Pellegrini has completely turned around the fortunes of a struggling side! He spent 100m and we're 2 points better off than last season! 4 points WORSE off than the season before!

If you'd bothered to read my posts, I've said I'm enjoying all the goals as much as anyone this season, but let's not start sucking each others dicks just yet. Pellegrini could still end up being the new Kevin Keegan.

I see your a glass half full kinda guy.

Shaelumstash said:
blueinsa said:
Shaelumstash said:
Love it when people who've not seen the game quote stats about previous games as if it's relevant.

So did you see the game?

You cannot compare points per season with any meaningful effect. This season the league is far more competitive.

The other thing I will say is that it took time for the players to adapt to a new system (high line, forward press, change to man marking on corners which led Zaba - being unfamiliar with it after 3 years of zonal - to lose his man twice resulting in goals conceded against Cardiff etc etc) and it led to individual mistakes. Pellers can also not be blamed for Hart having a couple of stinkers, though he did manage him well when he did.

What one can say with a certainty is that since we adapted, we have won 17 and drawn 2 out of our last 19 games and caught the 8 or 9 points up on the leaders whilst remaining in ALL the cups.

If he had taken over last Christmas and had 6 months to get the team to adapt, who knows how many points we'd have had this season (well, I am guessing we shall see next season). Either way, it's not been a bad transition.

Shaelumstash said:
OB1 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pellegrini could still end up being the new Kevin Keegan.

You are not the first person to make a comment along these lines but to liken Pellegrini to Keegan really does insult Pellegrini's ability.

Well the similarity to me is that they both play attacking, attractive football that produces lots of goals. Keegan fell short in winning the league because he was tactically naive. I hope Pellegrini doesn't fall in to the same trap, and learns from the mistakes he's made so far this season.

How you can contemplate Pelegrini being tactically naive is beyond me. On Saturday at half-time he brings on 2 defenders when 2-0 down and changes the style of play. If that had been Keegan, he would have taken 2 defenders off and brought on two forwards.

Difference between Pellegrini and Keegan is like chalk and cheese.

If you are in four tournaments you have to rotate. Story. End of. Could we possibly abstain from absolutely crucifying Rodwell and Micah just for a bit? Unless you are one of the best players in the world, like Sergio — and they are not up there and never will be — any player needs playing time to get up to his top level. Micah's been more or less out for more than a year. Rodwell has rarely played for us. Pellegrini put them in because he thought it was a relatively low-risk game. Alright, he was wrong. That's the beauty of the F.A. Cup, that's why Sunderland beat Leeds United to win it all those years ago (I was at the match, as it happens). But the entire team was poor for forty five minutes, they met a team playing out of their skins, and Pellegrini did something about it.
What's much, much more important. I spent all day Sunday thinking about this result. In my sober opinion — sober in all senses of the word — it just might signify that we are on the brink of the most momentous season in the history of this club. Crazy, I hear you say? Let me explain. You're a professional footballer. You're in four tournaments. You're maybe playing twice a week, for weeks on end, in some cases. That's not counting stupid international friendlies which you don't have the right to bow out of. Whether consciously or not, you prioritise. It's only human. We won the Cup three seasons back, we were in the final last season. You might just have a thought in the back of your mind, "O.K., Barcelona next month, Chelsea coming up, etc. etc. Maybe we just might pass on this one and it wouldn't be a disaster for this club". I'm having to express it clunkily, and I don't think many footballers consciously formulate it that way. I say, it's just a thought, a very human one, right in the back of their mind. It's what you do at work when you've got the boss up your backside and you've got three jobs to get completed by midday. Now what's important is this: I don't know what Pellers said to them, I can't seeing him raising his voice somehow — he's not a Ferguson-type bully — but I can see him being witheringly sarcastic (Nasri said as much in his recent BBC interview). Then they went out there with two natural leaders — Zab and Komps — and they said, "Fuck it, we don't want to lose this or anything else. We're City. We don't do losing". Now that is something beyond talent, which we've know we've got masses of, more than anyone else in the PL, hands down. It's iron. It's iron in the soul. It is what the Liverpool team of the late 70s and early 80s had, and, although, it hurts me to say it, it's what the rags had for about twenty years. You cannot buy that. Money won't do it. Not the Sheik's, not anyone else's. If it is the case that that iron is in the process of being instilled into those players — Mancini contributed to that, Pellegrini is taking it forward beautifully, in a different way — then yes, the unthinkable is now becoming thinkable to me. We may, just may, be able to lift those four trophies, or at least three of them.
Phew! Enough, already. But one last thing. From what I could gather, the crowd were, at last, playing twelth man. Gotta be every time. That will count, too, in the realisation of the impossible dream.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
If we beat spurs and are in the fifth round of the cup then the manager's rotation worked. That's it. There is nothing more to be added.

So ultimately your point is because we won the game then we can't question the initial teamsheet that took us 2-0 down?

Because that's pretty daft.

He got his opening team wrong. We know he got his team wrong because we went 2-0 to a Championship side at home until HT.

He got his substitutions right. We know he got his substitutions right because we won the game 4-2 and turned around a 2-0 deficit.

This seems to be a reasoned and fundamentally logical argument.
He made an initial error, which he corrected, and we turned the game around.
So both criticism and praise are due.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.