City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Gunna throw one out there. Nasri looked like a true warrior today. Seemed like he wanted to win more than anybody else. I have never been the greatest fan of Nasri but these last few months he seems to have come into his own. Some of the runs he was doing at times were immense.

It seems just a short time ago that I was hiding out in AbuDhabi at the hotel that just coincidentally hosts the City Bar when we won the 1/4 cup round by about 5=0 on the day of my 65th birthday because that was altogether better than facing up to the loss of my two brothers in the preceding three moths.

As we all know later on for what ever reason we lost the Cup Final that year.

So here we were today on my 66th birthday and we got turned over by the same pie-eater team. Who is to blame for today's cockup? Well I'm not too sure as how are most of you.

What happens next? That is for our Spanish management team to decide long term and for Pellegrini to decide over the next week .... Barca away and Hull away could determine the difference between the quad (gone) and (just) the C1C (League Cup) and all the talk and bluster will be just that ... !!!!!

Notwithstanding the result today I have had a great day being a City fan for 58 years

Come on City

Best Wishes to All

de niro said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
de niro said:
all this "wigan deserved it" shit is bollocks,
they were hand the win by our clueless manager and a bent ref. when those two fell short they were lucky as fuck in defence.

Oh dear please tell me what the fuck pellegrini did wrong it was a strong team selection more than capable of beating wigan. Its not his fault that the players had thought we won before a ball was kicked its time the players take responsibility it wasn't pellers who give the penalty away and it wasn't pellers who was ball watching for the 2nd goal yes he picked them players but they should not be preforming like that only garcia and lescott are excused from the starting 11 today its te players fault not the manager's!

denial is a dangerous thing.

pelli is a fucking clown.

Whatever the reason, Wigan were the team today. They did deserve it and that's not bollocks......You're better than that Bill.................

MAD4cITy1894 said:
sam-caddick said:
Why is Pellegrini getting most of the blame?

The players under Mancini struggled to get themselves up for games against teams they should be beating and it's clearly not changed, so it has to be primarily down to the players.

In my opinion we have too many star players who only want to get themselves up for big games, we saw this last season, a little bit in the title winning season, and again this season.

Too many so called Galacticos if you ask me.
The answer is quite simply, he is the manager. He is the person who chose to play a weakened side in the FA Cup quarter final, in order to rest his side for a dead rubber in the Chumps league. Far too much emphasis on Chumps league lets dominant domestically before we worry about Europe. Pellers totally to blame, poor team selection, esp the defence.

We are going to have to get used to this. Our owners prioritise CL and other tournaments will take second place where there are tough selection priorities to make. We are going to have to see it as the price to pay for our success. All this is infinitely better than before the Sheik arrived IMO.

We should have had enough quality to win today but alas our squad players are not good enough nor our attitude. The only silver lining is a few less games. Let's face it, our fixture congestion was getting ridiculous. Just need to focus on chasing Chelsea down. One thing is for sure if we only win the Capital 1 Cup that will be a bit of a let down. I think this'll be the kick up the arse we need.

So that's a league and two FA cups thrown away in two seasons and more than likely another league about to go as well, this should have gone down as a great team, all a bit of a waste really

[flash=][/flash]
cityboy2602 said:
MAD4cITy1894 said:
sam-caddick said:
Why is Pellegrini getting most of the blame?

The players under Mancini struggled to get themselves up for games against teams they should be beating and it's clearly not changed, so it has to be primarily down to the players.

In my opinion we have too many star players who only want to get themselves up for big games, we saw this last season, a little bit in the title winning season, and again this season.

Too many so called Galacticos if you ask me.
The answer is quite simply, he is the manager. He is the person who chose to play a weakened side in the FA Cup quarter final, in order to rest his side for a dead rubber in the Chumps league. Far too much emphasis on Chumps league lets dominant domestically before we worry about Europe. Pellers totally to blame, poor team selection, esp the defence.

We are going to have to get used to this. Our owners prioritise CL and other tournaments will take second place where there are tough selection priorities to make. We are going to have to see it as the price to pay for our success. All this is infinitely better than before the Sheik arrived IMO.
If this is the case then we may all as well ditch the two domestic cup schemes. Let them play to empty stands. They will soon change their tune

Blueboy73 said:
Demichelis is NOT a footballer, he's useless. Forget barca play our strongest side and get past the pie munchers first. First half awful we'd not a clue. Only started playing after nasri scored. Btw WHAT the **** was clichy doing for thier second goal.

He didn't know anyone was behind him on the right side, just before he went for the ball he glanced over his left shoulder and no one was there then he got caught out when he got hit from behind his right side. To be honest it looked like Pearch (sp) caught Clichy's legs before the ball went in the net.

hilts said:
So that's a league and two FA cups thrown away in two seasons and more than likely another league about to go as well, this should have gone down as a great team, all a bit of a waste really

They are a great team of 10 (Missing the Left Defender). Selection has become the biggest issue and the fact that half the back ups are complete tripe. Anyone who is not in the first 11 needs to take a leaf out of Milner's book. 100% reliable, always at peak of fitness, and when someone IS having an off day, you can depend on them.

hilts said:

And that's the hardest part.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.