City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

We need balls, desire and hunger from now on in.
Nasri and Milner should play every game. They were the only ones really up for it.

Davs 19 said:
de niro said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Oh dear please tell me what the fuck pellegrini did wrong it was a strong team selection more than capable of beating wigan. Its not his fault that the players had thought we won before a ball was kicked its time the players take responsibility it wasn't pellers who give the penalty away and it wasn't pellers who was ball watching for the 2nd goal yes he picked them players but they should not be preforming like that only garcia and lescott are excused from the starting 11 today its te players fault not the manager's!

denial is a dangerous thing.

pelli is a fucking clown.

Whatever the reason, Wigan were the team today. They did deserve it and that's not bollocks......You're better than that Bill.................

they nothing for themselves, every bit of success they had was handed to them.

pelli should hang his head in shame.

not sure I want to go to the game wed, I reckon he'll put silva in goal.

I've read every post on here up to this point, and for far too many posters to actually put down that somehow MP wearing a hoodie somehow had a hand in this defeat, along with a new born child, need to sober up, wise up, grow up! I couldn't give a toss if he stands in his boxers for fuck sake! That team out on that pitch today should be more than good enough to defeat Wigan day in day out. He selected players good enough to do the job and they didn't. Also see a couple of posts regarding Taylor and his officials. He's never anything other that awful in most games involving City and a total wanker in the same league as Foy and Dowd. Top drawer clowns but we still should've been good enough to win that game. Wigan's 2nd goal was Clichy day dreaming. Our chance that fell to the impotent Dzeko unfortunately had a Wigan defender, Boyce doing his job and deflecting Dzeko's effort over the bar, when in honesty Dzeko should've laced the ball and Boyce into the back of the net! A tad unfair I admit but our strikers need dozens of chances at the moment to convert them into a single goal. Also tooooooo many football managers on here who would've played this player, played this formation blah blah. Easy statements because they're never going to be proven are they. As I said earlier this team selection should've been good enough to win this. I'd congratulate Wigan and Uwe ( I'm well old enough to remember Uwe and lots before him) but I'd only be paying lip service I just don't feel it in honesty. Beaten in last years final and beaten in this years competition in the quarters by Wigan. Oh fuck me, really!!!!

DruntBlunt said:
Simple observation, been saying it (almost) all season: Zabba, Komps and Ferna are our KEY players. Yaya, Merlin, Nasri and Kun are the stars but we can play superbly even without one or two of them on the pitch. But never without our steel trio. Agree however with Pelle that they needed a rest today, and we should have been able to score more goals than Wigan anyhow.

Agreed. Hopefully the term "steel trio" will catch on.

I have yet to see any evidence of this great tactician that manages our club. His tactic when things aren't going our way seems to be just throw on world class players and hope for the best. How the fuck anyone can rate Demechelis is baffling. he will end up costing us everything. Corners seem to be a complete waste of time. We never look dangerous from them. Pellers continues to make the same selection blunders game after game and that's worrying. these funereally slow starts have become the norm of late. we've lost 3 of our last 5 at home in all competitions, now that's a real worry.

argyle said:
ianw16 said:
Well, that made sense. Play understrength team in competition we're close to winning, no doubt put out strong team on Wednesday in competition we have no chance in; be knackered in next PL game because of it, and likely be out of that as well. Brilliant.

Very much this. ^
This all day long. Neither Vince nor Zab look like the sort of player that need a rest so why rest them? Unless they are carrying knocks of course but I've not heard about it if they are.
Negredo is another worry as he's not looked up to much since he picked up an injury in a game shouldn't have even appeared in. As for Dzeko; he should have scored with one of the headers. The first was a tight angle and hit the post but he was almost central for the second and still missed the target.
As for the defence: MDM is a liability and The Keystone Cops would have cleared the second.

Lack of tempo.
Poor team selection. You name it we had it today.
Good luck to Wigan in the semis etc.
We got exactly what we deserved today.

Writing on the wall for me pre match

Parading the cup we won last week (cant even remember its name)
The Spanish lad having his picture with his newly born baby girl taken on the pitch approx. 30 seconds before kick off
Pellers in his hoodie

As far as I can see what was lacking was attention to detail
Clive Woodward remember him? The man who masterminded one of the greatest ever sporting triumphs in this country (and for the record I dislike Ra) wrote in his fantastic book about it - and it doesn't just apply to sport - he stressed the importance of what he refers to as "SNE's" Simple Non Essentials in other words things you don't have to do but make all the difference, details that put his team on the front foot and theirs on the back foot.

It's all about momentum at this time of the season and I think we've dropped the ball, simply through lack of attention to detail
If you don't agree with me then fine, but here's another one to consider;
We were behind today, and when the ball went out of play where were the ball boys / girls busting a gut to get the ball to the players wanting to get in back in to play asap? There were several occasions when, for one Clichy had to run off the pitch to retrieve the ball (his urgency was clear to see) but no effort was made to urgently get the ball back in play - hence momentum is lost - the emotional bubble is pricked, the opposition get 30 seconds to breathe in. I know it sounds trivial but with all the other great things we've got going on, this is a big gap

de niro said:
Davs 19 said:
de niro said:
denial is a dangerous thing.

pelli is a fucking clown.

Whatever the reason, Wigan were the team today. They did deserve it and that's not bollocks......You're better than that Bill.................

they nothing for themselves, every bit of success they had was handed to them.

pelli should hang his head in shame.

not sure I want to go to the game wed, I reckon he'll put silva in goal.

Come on bill were all upset but we've been through worse we could have Pearce or frank clark in charge I can't wait for Wednesday its what we've all wanted we'll continue this pellegrini debate over a few san miguels on Wednesday!

jayblue said:
[flash=][/flash]
cityboy2602 said:
MAD4cITy1894 said:
The answer is quite simply, he is the manager. He is the person who chose to play a weakened side in the FA Cup quarter final, in order to rest his side for a dead rubber in the Chumps league. Far too much emphasis on Chumps league lets dominant domestically before we worry about Europe. Pellers totally to blame, poor team selection, esp the defence.

We are going to have to get used to this. Our owners prioritise CL and other tournaments will take second place where there are tough selection priorities to make. We are going to have to see it as the price to pay for our success. All this is infinitely better than before the Sheik arrived IMO.
If this is the case then we may all as well ditch the two domestic cup schemes. Let them play to empty stands. They will soon change their tune

It's not as black and white as that. Last week we fielded a strong side and won a trophy. But we cant do that every single week esp at this stage of the season. Our first 11 is the best in the prem but we cant play them every week. We only have to lose 3 or 4 of that first 11 and we drop down a notch (like today). Essentially we need a stronger squad hence the move to sign better defenders in Jan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.