City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Pellegrini's stubbornness is highlighted and punished once again.

And rather unporfessionally had one eye on Barca

Nothing to do with Pellegrini, even under Mancini we struggled with the mentality needed to approach teams we should be beating.

This is why I don't see us winning the league, we put in unreal performances against top opposition but come the teams in which we should beat with the team we have got we just have no fight.

If we're not careful this team will go down as the great pretenders. Going into the season the world acknowledged we had the best squad, and yes we've had some bad luck with injuries, but we've still seen time and time again a lack of determination and will to just win games no matter what. From the moment we first won the league we needed to kick on and really assert our dominance yet didn't; We're still paying for those mistakes today.

The somewhat heartless fact of the matter is this, were you to ask if the league cup would be enough for this squad of players at the beginning of the season, with the competition we have in the league, would that be enough? Can anyone honestly answer yes?

It's going to take a truly monumental effort to win the league, we can forget about the CL so that leaves one set of games left to play. We're supposed to be the best side so it's time to show it, because all we've seen for the past three seasons on the bounce is this sides ability to try it's best to piss everything up the wall in February/March, and it's not good enough for the supposed quality of players we have.

Our manager better hope and prey that we win either the league or the champs league (both look unlikely if I'm honest) or else he is a gonner in the summer.

Taken a team that finished a clear second in the league and got to an fa cup final , spent circa £100million on it and has taken it backwards.

We look so fragile at the back it is embarrassing . And not just today, it's every week.
Also I noticed today the players looked frustrated and angry from the very start. With each other and the world in general. If what I'm hearing is correct there is the beginnings of squad bickering bubbling away under the surface.

It's all very well bullying shit teams in early season, it's this time of the season that things matter and we look woeful.

Disgraceful performance from our manager and HIS team.

Our manager better hope and prey that we win either the league or the champs league (both look unlikely if I'm honest) or else he is a gonner in the summer.

Taken a team that finished a clear second in the league and got to an fa cup final , spent circa £100million on it and has taken it backwards.

We look so fragile at the back it is embarrassing . And not just today, it's every week.
Also I noticed today the players looked frustrated and angry from the very start. With each other and the world in general. If what I'm hearing is correct there is the beginnings of squad bickering bubbling away under the surface.

It's all very well bullying shit teams in early season, it's this time of the season that things matter and we look woeful.

Utter pap. The casualness and sloppiness in the 1st half summed up by Garcia fannying around with his bloody baby on the pitch about 30 seconds before the game started.
Fuck this "well done Wigan" crap, we were awful. We will be out of the CL on Wednesday too as well so can concentrate on the league which based on recent form, I doubt we will be winning now.

Terrific defending by Wigan. We nearly nicked an equalizer. Well done Rosler you completely out thought Pellers today but you won't stand a chance against arsenal. Wengers on another level.

Utter pap. The casualness and sloppiness in the 1st half summed up by Garcia fannying around with his bloody baby on the pitch about 30 seconds before the game started.
Fuck this "well done Wigan" crap, we were awful. We will be out of the CL on Wednesday too as well so can concentrate on the league which based on recent form, I doubt we will be winning either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.