City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

bluemoon32 said:
I'll be well happy with 3 pts after this performance, Wolves deserve a point.
I don't agree mate.

We should have been out of site. Missed literally 5 or 6 sitters. Wolves played well at time and caused us problems with running into channels and long balls but all they did was build up a momentum. The game should have been dead and buried by then. We need to be a bit more lethal. Ireland and Adebayor missed two sitters but i suppose there will be plenty of games like this. We just need to get that 2nd goal in future.

Fair play to Wolves, they battled well and Doyle looked more than useful...as did Jarvis and while their fans might count themsleves a little bit unlucky not to nick a point at the end, they will more than likely admit they could have been on the wrong end of a drubbing had we taken our chances.

Dribble said:
Phew!!! Shit in terms of goal difference, but 3 points is 3 points!!

who gives a shit about goal difference? when was the last time anything important was decided with that at the top level, points in the bag. The Sky yearbook will say MCFC 1 - 0 Wolves, attendance: whatever it was

2 games
2 long ball merchants played (6 to go)
6 points
no goals scored against

let the knee jerk reactions commence.

it was just one of those games that happens to every team. absolutely murdering them but without the goals to kill the tie off. sooner or later the opposition will feel that they can nick a draw. Happened to United and Chelsea last week. The only thing that matters is picking up the 3 points in games like this. And the sheer number of golden opportunities we created shows there is little to worry about.

So to sum up - log off and go enjoy the sunshine. City will be fine.

Ducado said:
Pride_In_Battle said:
Wolves have created very little. They've put us under pressure but they've not been particularly close to scoring!

True

What some of the moaners on here don't seem to understand that this game was always going to be hard, a newly promoted team, first part of the season, I dare say Wolves will have a good few matches before their luck runs out, now later in the season we would have battered them, that's football for you, it's 3 points on the board, a few lessons learnt and another chance for the team to gel

Utd winning 1-0 against Brum last week proved that. But like you say it's more time for the team to gel, but the early signs are very good indeed.

exiled in munich said:
Dribble said:
Phew!!! Shit in terms of goal difference, but 3 points is 3 points!!

who gives a shit about goal difference? when was the last time anything important was decided with that at the top level, points in the bag. The Sky yearbook will say MCFC 1 - 0 Wolves, attendance: whatever it was

2 games
2 long ball merchants played (6 to go)
6 points
no goals scored against

I agree with this, two long ball merchants (which we're going to see a lot of).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.