City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Need to remember we should have been 3 up half time.They came back strong 2nd half put us under lots of pressure but we didnt look fragile in defence so im chuffed with 3 points (wouldnt have held on last year). Barry and Adebayor immense signings.

I don't like the excuse that it's Wolves fault, they wouldn't let us play our game (and in the same breathe imply we aren't quite sure what our game is yet, not until all our players get up to speed), which is straight out of Sven's after-match excuse book.

Having a bunch of new players, and this being only our second match, has nothing to do with the poor finishing we saw today, finishing isn't new to them is it?

Just one of them days in front of goal then as far as I am concerned, it's got nothing to do with early in the season or new players. I still don't care for the idea that we need two blokes to act as DMs to protect our defence, that's pretty poor imo, especially against teams like Wolves, and, to the extent Wolves hoofed it up (like Blackburn), what good IS it? We are most effective when we run at the defence, but too often WE hoofed the ball in the general direction.

Good result. Average performance.

exiled in munich said:
just watching the analysis from maged tv the stream. Carlton Palmer, how the fuck has he the brass neck to say Robinho had a poor game today???????
He is willing to share a bath with a man for a few bob these days so what did you expect?

i thought robbie was quite poor today to be honest. he should have got 3 goals. all were week efforts apart from the one that hennesey had to push round the post. he went round hardly anybody and was very slow. innefective. unlike his usual self

Ducado said:
Project said:
let the knee jerk reactions commence.

it was just one of those games that happens to every team. absolutely murdering them but without the goals to kill the tie off. sooner or later the opposition will feel that they can nick a draw. Happened to United and Chelsea last week. The only thing that matters is picking up the 3 points in games like this. And the sheer number of golden opportunities we created shows there is little to worry about.

So to sum up - log off and go enjoy the sunshine. City will be fine.

Spot on, I think the knee jerk reactions will come from those who expected us to win by 5 or 6, I was very encouraged by some of that, granted Wolves fought like hell but with little result

Good posts. Anyone who expected us to win by 5 or 6 is a deluded tool. This is the Premier League FFS, there are no easy games.

Happy as Larry with 6 points and 2 clean sheets.

Pride_In_Battle said:
Back 5 were outstanding. Needed a bit more protection in midfield second half, de Jong should have been on from the break to settle him into the game a bit more

Yeah, they went 442 at halftime, but we stayed the same - on one hand, you would have thought our attacking five would have had more room, but in truth we started to play on the break and created very little. If we were going to defend the lead and counter-attack, then De Jong should've been on earlier.

Adebayor was the shit.

Anybody else think 'twas a bit of a stroll for us in the first half (dudes laughing off missed shots, etc)? We looked great, and had 67% possession. It's not that we were complacent in the second half though, the players were clearly told to drop off more.

Ooh, six points. Get us.

1-0 to City. 3 more points. 2 wins on the bounce.
No goals conceded. Move along theres nothing to moan about here.
Next.
C'mon the Blues

Over the last 7 days, this is us. P3, W3, F4, A0 - (inc Barca), as far as I'm concerned, a pretty good f***in week, now I'm off for a drink :o)

andy85000 said:
Bellend was awful- surely getting nowhere near the team next week

SWP needs much better decision making, often goes for the wrong pass/shot

Ade played very well, if robbbie keeps it up those 2 and tevez will terrorise defences

Bellend ? what the hell are you on about? Bet you weren't saying that at Blackburn when he was outstanding. He came on when the all the players were nervous and we were under the kosh. Shut it with the insults about our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.