City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Bellend was awful- surely getting nowhere near the team next week

SWP needs much better decision making, often goes for the wrong pass/shot

Ade played very well, if robbbie keeps it up those 2 and tevez will terrorise defences

Project said:
let the knee jerk reactions commence.

it was just one of those games that happens to every team. absolutely murdering them but without the goals to kill the tie off. sooner or later the opposition will feel that they can nick a draw. Happened to United and Chelsea last week. The only thing that matters is picking up the 3 points in games like this. And the sheer number of golden opportunities we created shows there is little to worry about.

So to sum up - log off and go enjoy the sunshine. City will be fine.

Spot on, I think the knee jerk reactions will come from those who expected us to win by 5 or 6, I was very encouraged by some of that, granted Wolves fought like hell but with little result

I think the players were little bet tired after Barcelona trip.

We have played great football in the first half; the second was not really good.

We really need a midfield player a mastermind.

Overall an excellent performance. If our forwards had taken the chances it was a 4 or 5-0 job.

We dealt with Wolves spell quite well really. It was a nervous time because we hadn't put our chances away but we deserved to win EASILY.

Chill out anyone who's negative about that. We were great for 70 minutes and could even have scored a couple more late on counter-attacking.

We'll take the 1-0 whilst the others bang in the big wins. Someone will get it from us sooner or later.

I think we have to give some credit to Wolves they are a hard team to beat always knew it wasn't going to be a stroll in the park, pleased with a win. We played well at times and we could have scored more but that is football.

Team still needs time together one or two occasions where the flicks and passing didn't come off.

Played two won two, 6 points in the bag and another clean sheet. In my opinion there will be times when we will win by a far larger margin with that team, fans should be a little bit more patient.
No doubt the monging will start and for anyone interested thought Wayne Bridge had a great game.

Happy with the 3 points.

Thought the first half hour was a sign of things to come.

Thought the rest was a sign that we've still got a way to go.

Still 6 points from 2 matches will do me.

had the second goal gone in, it would have been a beautiful performance. as it was we succumbed to complacency, but I still felt we had much the better of the game, we just lacked the edge to finish them off, and several poor misses, and poor decisions on the break nearly cost us. In a way, it's a good thing this happened today, it's only the second game of the season, better that we learn our lessons now rather than later in the season. tevez was generally poor, however, if he had looked to make things happen by harrying their defence, it might have been a different story.

on the positive side, there is a good balance to this side, adebayor's all round play was very impressive again, and shaun had a bit of a blinder. there really is a huge amount of talent here, and they clearly enjoy playing together. let's hope they can translate that into the hunger needed to secure the result.

I'm sure there will be lots of knee jerk reaction and the press will have a hey day saying only 1-0. These are games we drew or lost in seasons past. Everyone could see the quality we had in the first half. Its early doors and everyone's still gaining match fitness especially after Barcelona and the 90+ heat and humidity, it showed second half. Give it a month and this game would have been 5-0. The defense still looks impressive. Hell, two clean sheets out of two, you can't tell me you wouldn't take that.

to anyone wanting to moan at a mear 1-0 victory today.......................................SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!.........2 GAMES...2 WINS.............ta..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.