City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Overall pleased with the first half and the result but I was hoping those days of biting your fingernails and pacing the floor were over...obviously not....oh well..keeps me grounded I suppose.

CITYROBBO said:
SWP needs to be dropped been awful in the 2 games, weiss should be given his chance!!!

Thought he had a decent game today although he's still far from his best.

pleased with any kind of win but would've liked to have seen some tactical changes earlier. midfield was getting overrun as tevez and robinho were nowhere in the second half.

but i think it's great we can get 3 points while the team is still learning to play together and not on top form.

credit must go to the back four + shay. hopefully we can figure out a better way of protecting the back four against the better attacking teams because we'll get schooled if we allow arsenal and the rags that kind of space and time in our half.

CITYROBBO said:
SWP needs to be dropped been awful in the 2 games, weiss should be given his chance!!!

not that he's awful, but he makes bad decisions. we were caught out quite alot by him running with the ball out of the box with opposing players bearing down on him. still very intelligent and great at dribbling. still would like to see weiss play. but dont think hughes wil risk him this early on

2 words sum things up for me..... typical city! ( a tale of two halves)

We looked composed 1st half with most of the possession but we didn't apply enough pressure in the front of midfield, some glorious chances completely wasted notably by Ireland & Robinho.

2nd half we were terrible, we went to pot......Wolves went 442 and started attacking a lot more, we lost the midfield, our composure and shape and couldnt deal with the high balls coming in, (Im dreading playing Stoke !)

Bellamy came on and was worse than useless, even in the 92nd minute when he could have taken the ball to the corner flag he tried to tackle the defender and lost it completely, putting our defense under pressure again .

Wolves were very very unlucky today to get nothing from this game, we need to improve big time.

Adebayor is superb, so is Given

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.