City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

it definitely is nice to get 6 points so far when you can definitely still see players are getting used to each other.

I saw too many fancy passes early on trying to set up the perfect opportunity.

How the heck does Ireland miss his best chance?

That said, the best clubs don't win pretty each and every week and we are going to have to win our share of ugly matches.

I'm very happy, a good win against a young, hardworking and enthusiastic team. This is still a very new group of players so to me both halves were encouraging. The first half showing we can click together and completely dominate a match, and the second showing that we can tough it out when not playing well.

Slightly concerned about the centre of defence still. Thought Bridge was very good though.

TFC said:
Let me retract -

There are some easy games in the Prem.

Happy now?

;)

I'll agree with this :-)

Generally what happens if any side in the league is on top of their game they can prove to be difficult opposition for any side (Hull vs Chelsea). If they aren't fired up then the difference in class generally shows (Hull vs Spurs)

Bellamy was horrendous today, gave away possession so so easily every time he had the ball, then ran in front of SWP's shot. Hopefully he gets better this season, his pace off the bench could be vital.

Was so frustrating to watch today, should've won by at least 5 goals really. 3 points are 3 points though I guess.

pee dubya said:
I'm very happy, a good win against a young, hardworking and enthusiastic team. This is still a very new group of players so to me both halves were encouraging. The first half showing we can click together and completely dominate a match, and the second showing that we can tough it out when not playing well.

Slightly concerned about the centre of defence still though. Thought Bridge was very good though.

Me too, Micah had a decent outing on the other side as well.

Pride_In_Battle said:
CITYROBBO said:
SWP needs to be dropped been awful in the 2 games, weiss should be given his chance!!!

Did you see him today?!?!?! He was sublime, had a cracking game and terrorised their defence constantly!

i thought he was ok to say he was sublime is going over the top imo

dcye said:
Bellamy was horrendous today, gave away possession so so easily every time he had the ball, then ran in front of SWP's shot. Hopefully he gets better this season, his pace off the bench could be vital.

Was so frustrating to watch today, should've won by at least 5 goals really. 3 points are 3 points though I guess.

He was close to our best player against Blackburn, so he's already been better.

On the train back from the game. We never make it easy for ourselves do we? Typical city hasn't died just yet. We need that defender asap. Richards was decent, but he let his man get the better of him far too often. Adebayor was excellent, as were SWP and Given. Ireland was average, and Robinho was disappointing. We put ourselves under unnecessary pressure because we couldn't keep the ball. Just hope lescott comes sooner rather than later. However, whinging aside, i'm happy with the 3 points against a potential banana skin.

Can't expect our team to walk every game, we have raised the bar with our transfer signings this summer and every team is going want to beat us. We were professional in what we did, one of the problems with rotation is sometimes the players coming off the bench will try to hard and things won't just come off. From what I saw and only in my opinion too many times we made wrong decision when it mattered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.