City Victory Parade - 2022/23

I’ve not read any other posts as I’ve not had internet access in the crowds so sorry if what I’m about to say has been said by others.

Me and my mate were at the bottom of market st near boots / M&S.

I’ve had the fortune to be at a couple of City parades in recent years but today was the first time I’ve ever felt in danger. The early on fun vibe turned into something very nasty. People with kids being pushed aside by arrogant cunts, young children crying, way too many people in a confined space and not a single copper to be seen.

There were a lot of what I’d call not usual City fans. Random chav twats there to cause bother.

And the club chose to delay the parade by 45+ mins due to rain without any way of communicating it to fans.

Really nasty vibe. Such a shame given the achievement of the team on the pitch.

And I’m a grown arse 30-odd year old bloke.

Should we ever have another one, doubt I’ll go to another parade due to the disorganisation and infestation of pure scally cunts in our fanbase.

Sounds like we were pretty close to you as we were right at the bottom of Market Street in between the Costa on one side and Nat West on the other. Was generally a really good atmosphere initially but after a while it was definitely getting tetchy waiting for the bus with people shoving through. As soon as it rounded the corner off Deansgate though people were shoving forwards and it was pretty squashed.

Metrolink from East Didsbury was a shambles took 1hr 30mins to get to Deansgate on a packed sweltering hell hole, eventually got to the entrance to the stage at Oxford Rd, gates opened briefly and then didn’t open again, apparently stage area was full but no notification, the giant screen switched off, didn’t watch a fucking thing until I got home, stage area didn’t look big enough for the turn out expected, not City’s fault but disappointed with the organisation, kids upset as they didn’t get to see their hero’s.

Sounds like we were pretty close to you as we were right at the bottom of Market Street in between the Costa on one side and Nat West on the other. Was generally a really good atmosphere initially but after a while it was definitely getting tetchy waiting for the bus with people shoving through. As soon as it rounded the corner off Deansgate though people were shoving forwards and it was pretty squashed.

I never attend these things tbh (on the train back from Istanbul now), full of clout chasing bellends recording everything on phones for "Insta" and "Snap". Sad sad bastards that have ruined atmospheres in football stadiums and at concerts.

I've finally realised I'm probably too old for this now. That's not a moan I'm so proud of every City fan that was there tonight, young and old and the team. It was wonderful to see and experience. A great atmosphere .A totally bizarre few hours. If anything summed up the British summertime weather it was today. Dripping in sweat on a packed tram going down and about two hours later absolutely drenched through in that biblical storm. By then I was trying to shelter under the trees in Chinatown to no avail. I expected a quick shower but that was utterly relentless. I was wringing out my T-shirt and it made no difference.

I managed to get a brief look at the team as they went past, they were absolutely buzzing off the atmosphere in spite of the torrential rain. By a bizzare twist of fate I took shelter next to the sons and families of my old mate who died last year, Billy Stewart. They were made up to see me, as I was them and they took some pictures to show their mum. It certainly added to the emotion of the occasion.

The actual event was a bit of a wash out, no pun intended. That was more to do with the forecast delay and the weather. With hindsight they would have been better off cracking on instead of delaying it 90 minutes. By doing that we all copped the worst of the weather. I got into the stage area but like a lot of others started to feel unsafe as loads more piled in behind me so left. As I got back to the gates about ten coppers were fighting back the crowds to get it shut, well done to them to manage it, it looked like Rourke's drift. With hindsight I think they'd have been better off doing the parade in town and having the event in the stadium but it's done now.

Again well done to all Blues there, what a club we are.

I've finally realised I'm probably too old for this now. That's not a moan I'm so proud of every City fan that was there tonight, young and old and the team. It was wonderful to see and experience. A great atmosphere .A totally bizarre few hours. If anything summed up the British summertime weather it was today. Dripping in sweat on a packed tram going down and about two hours later absolutely drenched through in that biblical storm. By then I was trying to shelter under the trees in Chinatown to no avail. I expected a quick shower but that was utterly relentless. I was wringing out my T-shirt and it made no difference.

I managed to get a brief look at the team as they went past, they were absolutely buzzing off the atmosphere in spite of the torrential rain. By a bizzare twist of fate I took shelter next to the sons and families of my old mate who died last year, Billy Stewart. They were made up to see me, as I was them and they took some pictures to show their mum. It certainly added to the emotion of the occasion.

The actual event was a bit of a wash out, no pun intended. That was more to do with the forecast delay and the weather. With hindsight they would have been better off cracking on instead of delaying it 90 minutes. By doing that we all copped the worst of the weather. I got into the stage area but like a lot of others started to feel unsafe as loads more piled in behind me so left. As I got back to the gates about ten coppers were fighting back the crowds to get it shut, well done to them to manage it, it looked like Rourke's drift. With hindsight I think they'd have been better off doing the parade in town and having the event in the stadium but it's done now.

Again well done to all Blues there, what a club we are.
Deffo should have gone ahead at 18:30 as planned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.