City Victory Parade - 2022/23

I couldn’t make the parade but I have been to a couple before. I’m sure I remember the 2012 one having 100k but yesterday was 200k. I watched videos of it afterwards plus some of the city centre celebrations from early and a couple of things struck me. Our fanbase is growing at a predacious rate and one of the consequences is kind of two main groups, one of the older loyal fans and another of younger fans. By younger I mean the 18-25 age bracket. This younger group really only remember success and judging by the state of that police car that got smashed they need to be careful in their understandable excitement they don’t damage our fanbase reputation (yes I know some police responded harshly). Anyway we are definitely growing into a really big club and I think there will come a time when opposition fans will all accept that. When you think about it all so called established big clubs had a period of success like this and built on that generationally, we are now witnessing that in real time.

To be fair I think we’ve always had huge numbers of fans. We could fill the Etihad multiple times with all the fans we have from greater Manchester alone

Last nights parade was a reflection of mainly our core fan base in my opinion. A lot of the people who would go to every game if they could as well and also the fact it was to celebrate such a historic event.

It made me smile when I saw the same homeless guy I see when I walk to work in a retro city shirt.

Completely. Today been getting flashbacks from all the singing and scenes around us last night that I was involved in last night. I still feel emotional now about it and probably will for a while. One of the best experiences I’ve had. I didn’t go to the stage presentation set up, but along the streets at various points, and back at the station, and in the pub was all so so emotional.
A once in a lifetime experience probably.
We should have done that. Was at the back trying to get a glimpse of the stage with my lads and the other half but couldn't really see. Proceeded to get soaked to the skin and fucked off to Rain bar, couldn't have a more appropriate name after the amount that fell, and had a great night but missed the parade. Not bothered I will watch it on City TV later.

This is an iconic shot.

DDE6-D78-A-1853-43-E6-8-D79-2-A124984-AA2-E.jpg

IMG-3700.jpg

Completely. Today been getting flashbacks from all the singing and scenes around us last night that I was involved in last night. I still feel emotional now about it and probably will for a while. One of the best experiences I’ve had. I didn’t go to the stage presentation set up, but along the streets at various points, and back at the station, and in the pub was all so so emotional.
A once in a lifetime experience probably.

I feel the exact same. I can’t stop thinking about this past week or the parade last night. My experience on deansgate is something I will never forget. I’ve never seen anything like that before - swathes of city fans all singing.

It was very emotional

I feel the exact same. I can’t stop thinking about this past week or the parade last night. My experience on deansgate is something I will never forget. I’ve never seen anything like that before - swathes of city fans all singing.

It was very emotional
I was on Deansgate too it was mint, like you say never forget those scenes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.