City Victory Parade - 2022/23

Ha, the Gallaghers making something all about them! Some things will never change!

For what it's worth I'm on your side, but the club have milked the Oasis thing as much as Oasis have milked them so there's little to be done.

Not sure I agree entirely. In what way have the club milked it, because superfan Noel goes about appearing everywhere and often goes on talk shows? Good for him btw, and often says the right things. And because Liam occasionally does a wido tweet? Good for him too, I've chuckled at a few myself. Beyond that though, how have the club milked Oasis, or their possible reunion? Yes the players sing wonderwall, they sing plenty other songs too.

I get your point though, the treble 'leading' to an Oasis reuinion is a marketing hit possibly, for the PR department. But I think trying to draw Pep into it, at the very start of the stage appearance of a celebration no less, was misjudged.

That mirrors our experience mate.

And we were two fully grown blokes. There was people with little kiddies etc near us who we needed to literally form a circle of protection around as the numbers and vibe was that worrying.

Just a total different atmosphere to other parades and celebrations I’ve been to.

Such a shame as an amazing season has definitely ended on a sour note for me.
This also mirrored my experience at the stage. Lot of cunts high as a kite barging past the elderly, disabled and families, just selfish arseholes. The giant screens showed literally a couple minutes parade at a time and we had live interviews from Natalie but not more than a tiny handful.

Mercifully leaving it was a lot safer, people slowly going down the side street, no crushes.

There was a lot to enjoy in the parade and the presentations, but it should have been so much better. Keeping fans informed, some organisation, having more involvement of City greats, appreciating our history prior to the last 12 years...... The presentation was rushed, most of the players didn't get individual introductions, didn't get interviews, all done at indecent haste.

Fuck it, we've won the treble, are recognised as one of the greatest ever teams so let's move on from this shambles.

Not sure I agree entirely. In what way have the club milked it, because superfan Noel goes about appearing everywhere and often goes on talk shows? Good for him btw, and often says the right things. And because Liam occasionally does a wido tweet? Good for him too, I've chuckled at a few myself. Beyond that though, how have the club milked Oasis, or their possible reunion? Yes the players sing wonderwall, they sing plenty other songs too.

I get your point though, the treble 'leading' to an Oasis reuinion is a marketing hit possibly, for the PR department. But I think trying to draw Pep into it, at the very start of the stage appearance of a celebration no less, was misjudged.

Agreed. There's wasn't any malice in it, but it was definitely misjudged. In Pep's interviews with Tubes and Micah etc he always looks a bit uncomfortable when he's asked the lighthearted questions. I think also he's got a lot of respect for Noel and probably didn't think it was appropriate to comment on what he/Oasis should do. He's a serious guy and I wasn't surprised to see him deliberately avoid the question. Fair play to him.

What date is the United Carabao Cup parade through Trafford?
Theyre parading round
What date is the United Carabao Cup parade through Trafford?
Its scheduled for the 1st of Never round Stretford Arndale - starting where Mcdonalds used to be and finishing where Wilkinsons used to be. Should take 2 minutes

Reactions: jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.