City Victory Parade - 2022/23

I enjoyed the smaller route and the sense of chaos in the rain, but can understand while some people felt scared on unsafe.

I suspect when the concert arena opens, that will be the final stopping point for these things for us.

Couldn't believe the amount of people who brought prams on Monday, even Santa turned up.
Seen Santa

Asked the old fucker what’s with the red outfit

On your last point. I will never believe 1 million people went to the 1999 Rags parade. TBF there were a lot of Rags. If both United and Liverpool can easily claim 500,000 at their parades, and both Cities coped with that, Manchester could cope with a similar number at a City parade, given the right day, right circumstances, and right organisation.
No chance there were that many as claimed by their fans for either event.

Each cities infrastructure couldn’t cope with that many people converging from the city, the suburbs and the near towns.

Liverpool at least had the space to have a serious amount of people on the riverside, but 1m lol. The entire population of Liverpool is less than 500,000 - you would have to be having about 800,000 from outside arriving to make up to 1m. I’d say maybe 250,000 would be about right. It’s a lot easier to estimate as the entire crowd can be seen in one shot (unless photoshopped… they have form!).

Ditto united - for numbers.

It’s so much easier to get people into a city (or not working)…having it at the weekend…

City… hard to say, as with united due to the confines of the streets, makes it hard to estimate, and the movement of the crowd from the start of the route to the end. City population about 555,000 and with many more accessible towns around, but maybe 200,000 to 250,000, I’ve never seen the city centre away from the route so busy

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.