City Victory Parade - 2022/23

Joking aside I know the pl2/ u18s were on one bus, having done a Treble themselves. They should have taken precedence over the coach of coaches IMHO.

Not been a successful season for the ladies team but would have been nice to see them involved too.

He’s a club ambassador. The club obviously feel it’s important to recognise players from the past, like Goater, Dickov etc

In my eyes, he absolutely is a legend. He was our best player for 3-4 years, he came through the academy and played 9 years in total for the club.

He loved City as much as any player, I’ve ever seen and many people adored him and still do.

The transfer fee we got for him was huge money at the time and we needed it. He didn’t want to go to Chelsea, but he knew he had to go, for the good of the club. He’s told a story where he arrived there and after the unveiling he cried for an hour, and wanted to come back. He had hoped City would cancel the deal last minute and pick him up.

I could reel off a list of things he’s done for us. He helped us win promotion back to the PL in 01/02. In the 03/04 season he scored a last minute wonder goal in a big game against Wolves, where we drew 3-3. We were already in a relagation battle and had we lost, Wolves who were bottom of the league, would’ve been 3 points behind us. He scored 11 goals from the wing in that season and the same the following season. A great player, and a joy to watch, in a period where we didn’t have so many flair players capable of playing at the top level.
Well said. He's a City legend to most blues.

Why was he on a bus at all? He won eff all with us. Was not a legend, decent player yes but not a legend.
There is an argument to be made that none of our current immense success would have even been possible without SWP’s sacrifice going to Chelsea.

So this take is very strange.

He’s a club ambassador. The club obviously feel it’s important to recognise players from the past, like Goater, Dickov etc

In my eyes, he absolutely is a legend. He was our best player for 3-4 years, he came through the academy and played 9 years in total for the club.

He loved City as much as any player, I’ve ever seen and many people adored him and still do.

The transfer fee we got for him was huge money at the time and we needed it. He didn’t want to go to Chelsea, but he knew he had to go, for the good of the club. He’s told a story where he arrived there and after the unveiling he cried for an hour, and wanted to come back. He had hoped City would cancel the deal last minute and pick him up.

I could reel off a list of things he’s done for us. He helped us win promotion back to the PL in 01/02. In the 03/04 season he scored a last minute wonder goal in a big game against Wolves, where we drew 3-3. We were already in a relagation battle and had we lost, Wolves who were bottom of the league, would’ve been 3 points behind us. He scored 11 goals from the wing in that season and the same the following season. A great player, and a joy to watch, in a period where we didn’t have so many flair players capable of playing at the top level.
Amen brother. He is one of a very select few who, when they hear brain-dead opposition fans singing “where were you when you were shit?”, can truthfully answer “I was on the pitch giving my all every game, interacting with fan groups to thank those fans for their unswerving loyalty when I wasn’t playing, and generally trying to help City in every possible way. Oh!, and my transfer fee - for a transfer I didn’t personally want - helped keep the club afloat”

I love the way City hasn’t forgotten their old legends. Long may it continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.