Not open for further replies.
Re: Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

MSP said:
Jumanji said:
Maicon --- Kompany --- Nastasic --- Clichy
---------------- Touré --- García ---------------
------- Milner ------ Silva ------ Aguero ------
--------------------- Dzeko --------------------

are you sure Maicon will be ready for tomorrow?

I doubt he'll play.
Completely forgot about his injury. Zaba it is, then.

Tony101 said:
Jenkinson Mertesacker

The weakness is Jenkinson and mertesacker who despite being a smart defender not very mobile. Tevez and Aguerro can cause him alot of problems

Perhaps we'll use Sinclair or Balotelli out left again. Find second guessing a Mancini team selection very hard, nay eez eempossible. :-)

Sorry if already posted but this snippet has cheered me up...

Sunday's referee is Mike Dean. Arsenal have won just one of the last 14 Premier League matches with him as the official (W1 D6 L7).

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
I really hope we don't lose this one for a number of reasons. Firstly, obviously, I'm a City fan and want us to win every game and if we lose I get depressed, I'm still hurting after Tuesday night. If the Arse beat us then the media will go into hyper-drive again about the glorious Arse, how their team of home grown free flowing total football style is back and beating the living evil that is Man City. Plus I'll have to endure that fanny Wenger smirking on the touch line....god, the thought is too awful to endure...time for a beer.
I dont think it makes much difference for Arsenal. They will fight for third against Chelsea. i think it can damage us more as the media is gearing to bring Mancini down and if we lose on Sunday afternoon. i expect alot of nonsense on the sunday night papers with crisis and players falling out with mancini. So there is no doubt the media want us to lose this one bad. As long as United lose, I dont think us losing would be that bad as atleast those b@stards will have to share some of the negative knee jerkers attention in he media

citymad said:
K-Bo said:
Think Nastasic should start, incredible performance considering age and debut against Real etc... Real talent and I think Mancini has been gunning for a replacement for Lescott forever. Its why he signed Savic, and why he's signed Nastasic IMO. Don't know if its fair, but at the same time Nastasic could be a 15 year signing, and he looks ready to go now.

Why's everyone dropping Tevez LOL. Been our most consistent player this season, and you all were doing this before the Real game and before the Stoke game. Not gonna happen, nor should it happen (Although I guess he could be rested)

I think Arsenal are going to come for us badly, but I don't trust our team not to concede at the moment, and their defence is looking good, so will be a tough game, and a big one for both teams. If they win, they're officially title contenders, and if we win, we're finally stamping our authority on this season, something we need to do sharpish.

Good post. Feel sorry for lescott. Hasn't put a foot wrong for ages. Very consistent.

It does seem premature for Nastasic to be given a regular starting spot ahead of Lescott. I can see them sharing the spot, rather like the fullbacks, but its a bit early to be discarding Lescott

cibaman said:
citymad said:
K-Bo said:
Think Nastasic should start, incredible performance considering age and debut against Real etc... Real talent and I think Mancini has been gunning for a replacement for Lescott forever. Its why he signed Savic, and why he's signed Nastasic IMO. Don't know if its fair, but at the same time Nastasic could be a 15 year signing, and he looks ready to go now.

Why's everyone dropping Tevez LOL. Been our most consistent player this season, and you all were doing this before the Real game and before the Stoke game. Not gonna happen, nor should it happen (Although I guess he could be rested)

I think Arsenal are going to come for us badly, but I don't trust our team not to concede at the moment, and their defence is looking good, so will be a tough game, and a big one for both teams. If they win, they're officially title contenders, and if we win, we're finally stamping our authority on this season, something we need to do sharpish.

Good post. Feel sorry for lescott. Hasn't put a foot wrong for ages. Very consistent.

It does seem premature for Nastasic to be given a regular starting spot ahead of Lescott. I can see them sharing the spot, rather like the fullbacks, but its a bit early to be discarding Lescott
IMO we would of won in madrid if Lescott was playing! Nastasic was ok but in huge games like in Madrid ok is not good enough and i was shocked Mancini started him. I think its funny that players like Lescott and Zabby who have been fantastic for us are just replaced! surely a player must earn his right to play.

dex2010 said:
cibaman said:
citymad said:

IMO we would of won in madrid if Lescott was playing! Nastasic was ok but in huge games like in Madrid ok is not good enough and i was shocked Mancini started him. .

:0 Are you serious?

Lescott is a great defender, but he is so poor on the ball its not funny. Against a team that constantly presses, its no wonder that Mancini starts Nastasic. Its also the same reason why an underdone Kolo played against Bayern last year instead.

Train said:
dex2010 said:
cibaman said:
IMO we would of won in madrid if Lescott was playing! Nastasic was ok but in huge games like in Madrid ok is not good enough and i was shocked Mancini started him. .

:0 Are you serious?

Lescott is a great defender, but he is so poor on the ball its not funny. Against a team that constantly presses, its no wonder that Mancini starts Nastasic. Its also the same reason why an underdone Kolo played against Bayern last year instead.

poor on the ball when ?? why do all defenders have to come out with the ball, whats wrong with a defender doing his job and defending. which lescott does all the time.

Hi all, new here.

Going to be my first game at the Emirates. Really looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.