City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pudge said:
gooner2 said:
Piegilles said:
Mate, can I have whatever you're on?

I'm not pessimistic by nature but compared to you, I should be on anti depressives.

Why not be confident mate. Top of league by five points and top of toughest champions league group. We beaten dortmund, spurs, liverpool, nappoi and only let in two in eight games.

Of course city our toughest league away this season. They been best attacking side in league this season. But we counter attack them and hurt their poor defence. We draw their 1-1 last season and could have won . It going to be epic battle between for me the best two teams in the league.
Celtic say "lol"

If your telling me ac or ajax are better then dortmund or nappoli i have to disagree. anyway saturday game going to be epic

Wenger: "[Wednesday’s] game certainly [is decisive] as it is to be in the Champions League or not. The two other [Premier League] games not definitely as we are five points ahead and overall the [English] championship is a marathon," he said.

"We will be in the race, no matter what happens. We will show our strength hopefully, but [Wednesday] is a decider, that is for sure."

I find it funny that Arsenal fans come to bluemoon for an opposition view and just end up talking to each other.

Champions2012! said:
Wenger: "[Wednesday’s] game certainly [is decisive] as it is to be in the Champions League or not. The two other [Premier League] games not definitely as we are five points ahead and overall the [English] championship is a marathon," he said.

"We will be in the race, no matter what happens. We will show our strength hopefully, but [Wednesday] is a decider, that is for sure."

Agree but as a match just think city are better all round team then naples are. But both away games will be tough

gooner2 said:
pudge said:
gooner2 said:
Why not be confident mate. Top of league by five points and top of toughest champions league group. We beaten dortmund, spurs, liverpool, nappoi and only let in two in eight games.

Of course city our toughest league away this season. They been best attacking side in league this season. But we counter attack them and hurt their poor defence. We draw their 1-1 last season and could have won . It going to be epic battle between for me the best two teams in the league.
Celtic say "lol"

If your telling me ac or ajax are better then dortmund or nappoli i have to disagree. anyway saturday game going to be epic
I don't think you'd be top if you and Cetic swapped places that's for sure.

You mentioned drawing at ours last season, unfortunately for you the likes of Sinclair won't be on the pitch this time.

pudge said:
gooner2 said:
pudge said:
Celtic say "lol"

I don't think you'd be top if you and Cetic swapped places that's for sure.

You mentioned drawing at ours last season, unfortunately for you the likes of Sinclair won't be on the pitch this time.

True but likes of gevinho are not playing for us either mate. Both teams better going forward then last season. I have to agree and disagree about celtic group.

Re: Arsenal game

Marvin said:
Want to win this, but a point wouldn't be so bad. The gap is 6 points and if it stays that way, then we know we can catch them.

I think its the most likely result. After Arsenal lost at Utd, and knowing our home record, they might be more cautious than usual while the fear of dropping 3 points might rein in City a bit. These games are sometimes a let down because of what is at stake.

bizarrely, as our next 2 games are city and chelsea, a total of 2 points would be better then 3...work that one out...but it is. of course 6 is even better but highly unlikely.

Pigeonho said:
To repeat recent quotes in the media about our home form:

'It's like going to a torcher chamber'
'It's now part and parcel of a teams season to get beat at the Etihad'

Add to that the fact we just cannot stop not just scoring, but twatting teams each game, I have no fears at all about Saturday and expect business as usual. Sure, it's the toughest league fixture we've had all season at home, but we've not spent all this money to shit it when faced with such opposition. I predict another shit-hot performance and a 3-0 score line.
I don't subscribe to the OP either and his belief they will be 'exhausted'. John Cross brought this up yesterday that one or two in the Arsenal camp are a bit aggrieved at them landing in London on Thursday and having to play on Saturday. To me if a highly tuned athlete can't cope with playing Wednesday night then Saturday afternoon, regardless of the fucking flight time, there's something drastically wrong.

i think the grievance is more to do with the fact that teams (all teams not just us) get no help whatsover from the premier league and tv companies. we played dortmund on tuesday recently and found out that their league moved dortmunds league game back a day to friday to give them an extra day or 2 rest before playing us (arsenal).

whereas we have to come back from italy on thurs then make a long away trip to manchester. while city play on tues in a less pressure game, so not only do you have 1 extra days rest but also you don't have to travel for saturdays game. highly tuned athletes or not, that certainly gives you an unfair advantage through no fault of your own, as city obviously don't schedule their own matches.

wenger made a valid point that its ridiculous that after the city game we then have a 9 day break before we play chelsea. surely it would have made sense to play the city game on sunday 4pm? a 12.45 kick off on saturday is absolutely ridiculous and a piss take, in terms of teams and fans having to get to manchester so early.

even as a non arsenal fan you should be able to see that point, even if it actually benefits you in this particular instance.

afc16 said:
bizarrely, as our next 2 games are city and chelsea, a total of 2 points would be better then 3...work that one out...but it is. of course 6 is even better but highly unlikely.
You're right, 2 draws for you would be better than 1 win and 1 defeat, worse would be 2 defeats....<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:01 am --<br /><br />
afc16 said:
wenger made a valid point that its ridiculous that after the city game we then have a 9 day break before we play chelsea. surely it would have made sense to play the city game on sunday 4pm? a 12.45 kick off on saturday is absolutely ridiculous and a piss take, in terms of teams and fans having to get to manchester so early.
Didums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.