City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to play just like we have been doing all season at home, Arsenal will be a tough task but i think we will win by three goals or more,

dancity19 said:
I would like to try out this formation at some point.

Pant/Hart
Zab Demichelis Kompany Clichy

Milner Fernandinho

Yaya

Silva Nasri

Aguero

This is no slight on Negredo- he has been phenomenal- and his partnership with Sergio has been unreal. But against some teams I think that midfield would be brilliant, and Milners work rate would allow Yaya to push higher. However, it is unlikely Milner will ever start in the middle!!

The next best formation would be Negredo up top, and drop Milner. Then there is fitting Navas in for some games. Not sure who I would start at the back whilst Nasty is injured; been far from convinced by Demichelis, but in the first 12 mins yesterday I think I could have defended better than Lescott- (I actually really like Lescott, but he was beyond woeful at the start of last night)

I see this or alternatively Navas instead of Milner as the likely team.

Hope Hart plays. He didn't get any credit from the commentators but he made 3 good saves when he was quick off his line to shots from narrow angles.

Re: 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 Against Arsenal?

It should be 442 we have to put pressure on the Arsenal defence, and we are at home so it's up to us to break them down.

ChichesterBlue said:
Although you should never break up a good partnership (ie Aguero / Negredo) I think some of our best football is played with an extra body in the middle, taking even more importance against an Arsenal side who like to maintain possession. Our success against Arsenal in the past 2-3 seasons has been playing with just the one up front.

I'd go with the front 5 as -

Aguero

Nasri Silva Navas

Ferdy Milner

Loads of movement, pace, skill and goals in that set up.

Where's YaYa?

6one said:
dancity19 said:
I would like to try out this formation at some point.

Pant/Hart
Zab Demichelis Kompany Clichy

Milner Fernandinho

Yaya

Silva Nasri

Aguero

This is no slight on Negredo- he has been phenomenal- and his partnership with Sergio has been unreal. But against some teams I think that midfield would be brilliant, and Milners work rate would allow Yaya to push higher. However, it is unlikely Milner will ever start in the middle!!

The next best formation would be Negredo up top, and drop Milner. Then there is fitting Navas in for some games. Not sure who I would start at the back whilst Nasty is injured; been far from convinced by Demichelis, but in the first 12 mins yesterday I think I could have defended better than Lescott- (I actually really like Lescott, but he was beyond woeful at the start of last night)

I see this or alternatively Navas instead of Milner as the likely team.

Hope Hart plays. He didn't get any credit from the commentators but he made 3 good saves when he was quick off his line to shots from narrow angles.

Yep- we could go for a similar formation and linen-up to the Spurs game. Though I think the formation above would get the most out of Yaya- and Yaya, Nasri, Silva and Aguero consistently in the final third running at defenders should be too much for any team.

bazzlar said:
Whether he is playing or not we should sing " one Jimmy milner there's only one Jimmy milner. In appreciation of his performance last night.

Or
It should of been 4
It should of been 4
Jimmy Milner
It shuold of been 4

GXCity said:
ChichesterBlue said:
Although you should never break up a good partnership (ie Aguero / Negredo) I think some of our best football is played with an extra body in the middle, taking even more importance against an Arsenal side who like to maintain possession. Our success against Arsenal in the past 2-3 seasons has been playing with just the one up front.

I'd go with the front 5 as -

Aguero

Nasri Silva Navas

Ferdy Milner

Loads of movement, pace, skill and goals in that set up.

Where's YaYa?

Still strolling back from the last attack!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Piegilles said:
foetus said:
This is the important bit. We've had a history of arrogant arsenal fans on this forum before. I know of at least one arsenal fan on here currently who tends to grind with the majority of our posters. You also have to remember that arsenal fans (not all) have become very bitter towards us since the takeover so the relationship isn't great. I'd steer clear for a couple of days should you happen to win ;)

All clubs have their fair share of arseholes, might I suggest even yours?

I don't have a problem with City. I made the point in an earlier post that given your ups and down over the last 40 years or so and having to endure the success of your Salford neighbours, it would be churlish to begrudge you the success you now have. I think it's good for Manchester to have a rivalry on more level terms.

In my experience, if there is strong animus from Arsenal fans its primarily directed against 'The Dark Side' 3 miles up the road from us and Man Yoo, the latter not so much because of their success, though that grates, but because of the God given right their fans believe they have to constantly dominate English football made worse by the gracelessness and oafish bullying of their previous manager.

In fact, when Aguero scored in the last minute or so to secure the title, I'd say 99% of Arsenal fans applauded and we hugely enjoyed seeing the bemused faces of Rooney, Fergie et al on the pitch at Sunderland after the final whistle made better by the mockery and scorn heaped on them by the home fans.

I'm travelling to Manchester for the game so whatever happens, I won't be around for a day or two afterwards anyway.

Fucks sake, what you coming by Horse and Cart.

No, I do have a life and although back home Saturday evening, I am doing other things Sunday and Monday.

holeinone said:
It should be 442 we have to put pressure on the Arsenal defence, and we are at home so it's up to us to break them down.

With Yaya, Silva, Nasri and Navas in behind Aguero, I'd say good luck to Arsenal keeping those 5 quiet, with Fernandinho mopping up behind them. One of the best things to come out of last night (amongst many) is that surely the penny must be dropping with the manager that one up top suits us better away from home and against the better sides at home? Compare and contrast Munich at home with Munich away....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.