City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pee dubya said:
LoveCity said:
Recent results suggest a close game. The biggest result of our last 5 games was our 2-0 win last season, but that was against 10 men for a big chunk of the game (until Kompany got sent off too).

They aren't United or Spurs, so I don't think it'll be a 3 or 4-goal bonanza from City.

Only 6 goals in the last 5 league fixtures between these teams.
Mancini's strategy against them though was to pack the midfield with hard workers and really play a high tempo, aggressive pressing game. Not to let them settle. I think we'll be significantly more open this time, i see it being a high scoring one this time around.

i imagine that arsenal will try to keep ball but once they lose it we'll hit them on the break.

should pellegrini want to go for extreme possession he can do that as well.

whatever tactics the gaffer uses, i think arsenal will be crucified .

We always struggle against Arsenal but unlike the past few years we now actually have a mobile midfielder in Fernandinho who I think will be the difference.

2-0 city

Really want to win this one. Massive game and the three points could be huge. C'mon City

Assuming we start with Navas and play with a lot of width, we will shatter Arsenal's illusions of greatness. They are a compact, well organised side who like to play the ball from deep. With City's speed of attack and wide outlets on both sides, they will get nowhere. 3- 0 for me.

pants
zabba-kompany-demichelis-kolarov
fernandinho-yaya
navas-silva-aguero
negredo

massive game for us but i'm confident that we will win it 3-1 win!!!

Champions2012! said:
Apparently Sagna is going to be back for the game against us.
At least they won't be able to use that as an excuse when we thump them.

If there is any excuse its our players don't have the strength of squad you have made worse by tv scheduling which means we have to play you lot only 48 hours or so after arriving back from Napoli.

You are fresher than us.

You have rested key players - a luxury you have because of the strength of your squad.

You are at home where you have a strong record.

We are underdogs and properly so given the above

You had better make it count

Champions2012! said:
Apparently Sagna is going to be back for the game against us.
At least they won't be able to use that as an excuse when we thump them.

That would be massive for us. Jenks is an Arsenal fan, a 100%er and a lovely lad, but he is nowhere near top PL level.

If we lose I suspect the excuses will be fixture list based. Everton Sunday, Napoli Wednesday and City early Saturday.

Worst case scenario for me is lose and hear that as an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.