City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the midweek games we should be on a high. I think we will win the game 3-0 today. There defence is solid. Saying that if we get Kun running at Metersacker then the chances are we will be causing them a load of problems. I hope Negredo starts up front as those 2 will be too much for there defence. I would have someone on Ozil all the time as give him any room at any time he can create something. Yaya to boss the midfield and we get the 3 points.

leighton said:
After the midweek games we should be on a high. I think we will win the game 3-0 today. There defence is solid. Saying that if we get Kun running at Metersacker then the chances are we will be causing them a load of problems. I hope Negredo starts up front as those 2 will be too much for there defence. I would have someone on Ozil all the time as give him any room at any time he can create something. Yaya to boss the midfield and we get the 3 points.

Bit of wishful thinking there mate - 2 up top, a player man-marking Ozil and Yaya bossing the midfield! Maybe if we played 12 men we could achieve that....

;-)

Been trying to convince myself that a draw wouldn't be the end of the world; still think we would catch them over what's left of the season, but a win would really put us firm favourites despite still being behind. We have way too many dodgy away grounds left to visit to drop points today so really need to press our home form advantage.

Arsenal would be more than happy with a draw. And I feel this one will be the first match we dont win at home. Still hope we win it somehow, but just have this bad feeling.

Also Mourinho would be happy with a draw clearly.

It will be really hard match, their midfield will cause problems for us, also they changed a lot in last 1.5-2 years, they dont have to dominate their matches to get results like before. They can sit back, try counters, they have pace for that, and they defend generally well, nowhere near as many defensive mistakes and cock ups from them in last 6-12 months.

Would be great to get 3 points, and if we do thats only worth anything if we beat Fulham as well next week.

adrianr said:
Been trying to convince myself that a draw wouldn't be the end of the world; still think we would catch them over what's left of the season, but a win would really put us firm favourites despite still being behind. We have way too many dodgy away grounds left to visit to drop points today so really need to press our home form advantage.

Well most goals we concede away from home are as a result of some speculative long balls. If we stay tight at the back the least we would get away from home should be a draw !

Damanino said:
Arsenal would be more than happy with a draw. And I feel this one will be the first match we dont win at home. Still hope we win it somehow, but just have this bad feeling.

Also Mourinho would be happy with a draw clearly.

It will be really hard match, their midfield will cause problems for us, also they changed a lot in last 1.5-2 years, they dont have to dominate their matches to get results like before. They can sit back, try counters, they have pace for that, and they defend generally well, nowhere near as many defensive mistakes and cock ups from them in last 6-12 months.

Would be great to get 3 points, and if we do thats only worth anything if we beat Fulham as well next week.

Yeah watching them midweek they had to banks of four many times the problem for them is we don't keep the ball like we used to at home so what they going to do when they have the ball? Pass it around there back 8? No they will attack then that will leave gaps for us on the break..

I would play five in midfield include nasri and silva, with aguero up front.
Beat them at their own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.