City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Ref screwed the whole tie with a triple whamy - foul on Navas by that devious coont Busquets , then poss offside Messi and outside the area. All justv at the time we were beginning to get on top

Whoever that ref is burn in fookin hell coz you´ve ruined a lot of days out and a good CL two legged tie

Fookin thieving Catalan coonts!!! 93 euros - twats!!

sh249 said:
Horribly unlucky. Nothing like we deserved. Even with 10 we created more, and far better, chances.

A lot of the stick Demichelis is getting is unfair - always liable to get caught out if you give the ball away as cheaply as Navas did with us moving forward. Might have been a foul, they'd have probably got one, but still poor. Once in the position he was in, Demichelis had to make the challenge. Prior to that, I thought he was very good - I'm a big Lescott fan, but he looked awkward as fuck when he came on.

Despite the disappointment of the result, I thought it was a really impressive performance. Tactically good, real desire, genuine bravery to get on the ball and play. Obviously tough now, but it ain't over - imagine we'll set up fairly similarly, and we can definitely hurt them at the back.

And David Silva is fucking awesome.

No he didn't! Why dive in and give away what is going to be a stonewall red card and penalty? It's Messi, he's going to score 1-1 with keeper 99.9% of the time, making the challenge is an utterly superfluous act, which just makes it harder on your team for the rest of the match.

Don't know what to say really. We did "ok" but showed a lack of maturity i think.

They had all the possession and we were so desperate to get the ball back, when we did get it back we lacked composure, were too flustered and gave it straight back again. We just did not hold onto the ball well enough.

That said, i thought we looked dangerous. Before the sending off we looked more threatening than they did. And 2nd half with 10 men, we looked the better side.

It is within our power to score 2 or more in Barcelona. Lets not give up.

shemnel said:
he also got the decision wrong to flag a goal offside for them, not sure if that supports your point or not!
Except it was offside. Fabregas wasn't, the player he passed it to hadn't gotten back onside, thus offside. Learn the rules.

RandomJ said:
I don't want to see Demichelis in a City shirt ever again. I don't care if we have no fit defenders available I'd rather see Nasri at CB than him. Pellegrini has to take his share of the blame for picking him as well.

Pellegrini has made big mistakes in big matches in 2 out of 2. Playing Demichelis after Lescott did so brilliantly in the Chelsea FA game. Demichelis was the weak point in the Chelsea PL game and in this game. How can you play plaster on Messi with such a slow player?!?!?!?

Furthermore he played against Barcelona like Chelsea would or Malaga. Playing on the counterattack with a team that has not playe this way ever is just plain amateurism.

Bobby was the men who would of taken them out to the cleaners. Pellegrini is not a proved coach and the fact that he likes to transfer favorable players is an obvious fact of his lack of coaching, the squd he has does not need a free agent as Demichelis. Furthermore, technically we can match Barca if he played Jovetic, Nasri, Garcia instead of Kolarov(I know Garcia is not technical but at least he is a real destructive player), Nasri looked the most dangerous CM.

Lastly, a player so experience as Demichelis should understand that making a foul like that is just cheap, let them score but at least you got 11 I am sure he knew when he did that foul what he was doing and thought it would be a red with a free kick but due to his 'exceptional speed' it just did not pan out.

P.S. At least Pellegrini won't play Demichelis again in the return and I for one believe that of city were to go through they had to loose the first leg in order to attack the way they only know how. Hint hint: Bayern, when you have nothing to lose and if Aguero is back it is still possible.

P.P.S. Kompany, Nasri, Zabaleta and Clichy today played on the level. KOMPANY is the man by far that constantly plays big in big matches, never ever flopped in a big match.

pudge said:
Gelsons Dad said:
MSP said:
Demichelis had great game before red card.

Not only that but Vinny played Messi on leaving MDM not chance. He could let Messi go or bring him down outside the box. He brought him down outside the box but the ref gave the pen.
Or, you know, he could have stayed on his feet?

For once

and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.

The margins at the highest level are so small that a refereeing decision(s) can swing it one way or another. The crucial decision stemmed from the referee being in a poor position and being unable to see the foul on Navas in the lead up to the goal. In the first half, he booked Negredo for what he deemed was a bookable challenge. Again, he made that decision from afar and, in my opinion, got it badly wrong.

Too many games in the CL turn on refereeing decisions, and I fear it'll be a good few years before we get the rub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.