City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

tie over

seriously cannot turn a 0-2 down at their game.

remember we will be playing against 12 at the nou camp. Refs have always favoured them at their ground

now to focus on the league.

Dynamo11 said:
I feel sorry for MDM, it was a VERY poor challenge yes but he was actually having a decent game up until then. I think a lot of the blame has to go to Pellegrini, how could he start such a conservative side at home. When he decided to go all out attack when we had 10 men we held our own. Should have got at them right from the get go

This keeps happening its no good playing well for a spell in a game then dropping a major bollock - he is always making stupid mistakes - its absolutely staggering the manner of his cock ups and rashness of this guy given how experienced he is - dont want to see him start another game unlres Nastasic & Lescott are injured!!!

He doesn't make that challenge and the worse case scenario is we're 1-0 down but still have 11 players on the pitch .... Is the guy a bit short in the brain cell dept or what?? Somebody at City needs to have a word with Pellegrini his blind loyalty in this guy is starting to make him look very stupid!!''

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
blueinsa said:
wattle said:
Pathetic no knowledge comment

Why is it?

Majority of the first half we chased shadows yet when we won the ball, we didnt have the same authority we normally have and had players giving it away far too easily, especially against a side like Barca.

No issue with the fight and passion tonight but we didnt help ourselves imo when in possession.

You mean we weren't diving in, which would have been football suicide. Hence the comment above.

No. We struggled badly in possession all night imo and gave the ball away far too easily.

EaglesFan said:
Clichy is the least creative "top class" LB I've ever seen in my life.

Great pace - check.
Defensive awareness - check.
Crossing - god awfull
Anticipating player movement in the box - god awfull.

In essence, offensively he never does a single thing right...and his crossing..."can't hit the water if he fell off the boat"
he put in one terrible ball when he got in late on. He also put in two or three excellent ones. Blindingly obvious that he's been working hard on it in training and the improvment is plain.

Poor for the second goal, though - he looked utterly fucked from about 80 minutes or so.

MCFCinUSA said:
RandomJ said:
Wtf is Robbie Savage on about "This game could have ended 4-0 easily. They have torn Manchester City apart with 10 men." Was the long haired **** watching the same game I was?

I've got Keane, Martinez & Dixon my screen right now, which channel are you watching, can I have it? - but I'd agree with Savage it could have ended 4-2 if they'd have taken every half-chance created, and we'd knocked a couple of ours in.

We weren't lucky with the penalty, which MD slid into outside the box (not that's any excuse for poor judgement & leaving us a man down) but otherwise against Barca and their passing-you-to-death game with only 10 men we weren't exactly crushed.

It's not great to be going there 0-2, but I'm certain it'll be a very different line-up we see in the second leg.

90 minutes still to play, and no matter what the quibbling is over this game, our players still believe in themselves.
Best to watch the Spanish coverage on a stream.
This whole country's filled with twats.

Not a single reason to be mad.

This game was well played by City. First 45 minutes, we had them in our pockets! A lousy referee making two crucial mistakes in under 30 seconds changed the game. First the foul on Navas, then the penalty to Messi. Demichelis should have kept cool and just let Hart deal with it instead, but that was a silly decision, which makes our away game much easier without him in the squad.

Hart played well, took the few chances they had, except for the last stupid mistake by Lescott.
Kompany was probably the best player on the pitch, what an inspiration he is for the squad!

I'm sure we can get something out of the game at Camp Nou, if we press high, and i mean very high. Every time they are at the ball we pressure the ball of them and have our full squad ready.

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Fernandinho - Yaya
Silva - Agüero - Nasri
Negredo

0-2 is not the worst. It could have been a lot worse with being 10 men against 11 for 35 minutes.

Gutted but well played Barcelona, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit we got beat by a much much superior side.

CTID1988 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
MSP said:
Demichelis had great game before red card.

Therein lies the issue

He didn't have a good game before the card either, every pass seemed to go to a barca player

He intercepted very well - that was the main thing. And he brought the ball into a less dangerous area. That no one was easy to pass to is not his fault...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.