City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Foul on Navas
Messi half a yard offside
Outside the box so not a penalty.

While not as bad as the refereeing against Real Madrid and Ajax last season, it was still entirely biased towards Barcelona.

Lost through some poor decisions by MP, the ref and the players on the pitch. But I don't think this tie is over yet to be honest.... and when you here utter pricks like Savage and Townsend it gives you a burning desire to have their 'punditry' shoved where the sun don't shine!

Really proud of the boys tonight. We were not 2 goals worse than barca. Poor referee. We showed fight and spirit for 90 mins. Dog wanker keane can gtf.

Can someone with a deeper tactical understanding explain why the most dangerous we looked all night was when we were down to 10 men? Was it Nasri on? YaYa released? Barca simply trying to ice the game?

RandomJ said:
Wtf is Robbie Savage on about "This game could have ended 4-0 easily. They have torn Manchester City apart with 10 men." Was the long haired **** watching the same game I was?

I've got Keane, Martinez & Dixon my screen right now, which channel are you watching, can I have it? - but I'd agree with Savage it could have ended 4-2 if they'd have taken every half-chance created, and we'd knocked a couple of ours in.

We weren't lucky with the penalty, which MD slid into outside the box (not that's any excuse for poor judgement & leaving us a man down) but otherwise against Barca and their passing-you-to-death game with only 10 men we weren't exactly crushed.

It's not great to be going there 0-2, but I'm certain it'll be a very different line-up we see in the second leg.

90 minutes still to play, and no matter what the quibbling is over this game, our players still believe in themselves.

blueinsa said:
wattle said:
blueinsa said:
Picked tonight of all nights to be collectively, technically poor all over the pitch and we struggled to find a pass all night.
Pathetic no knowledge comment

Why is it?

Majority of the first half we chased shadows yet when we won the ball, we didnt have the same authority we normally have and had players giving it away far too easily, especially against a side like Barca.

No issue with the fight and passion tonight but we didnt help ourselves imo when in possession.

You mean we weren't diving in, which would have been football suicide. Hence the comment above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.