City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

We were outstanding. Toure was superb as was Kompany and Fernandinho. Even MDM played well before a silly tackle got him sent off. I dont think we had the rub of the green. But we were playing Barcelona and at some points, we showed we could match them!!!!

sh249 said:
EaglesFan said:
Clichy is the least creative "top class" LB I've ever seen in my life.

Great pace - check.
Defensive awareness - check.
Crossing - god awfull
Anticipating player movement in the box - god awfull.

In essence, offensively he never does a single thing right...and his crossing..."can't hit the water if he fell off the boat"
he put in one terrible ball when he got in late on. He also put in two or three excellent ones. Blindingly obvious that he's been working hard on it in training and the improvment is plain.

Poor for the second goal, though - he looked utterly fucked from about 80 minutes or so.

O, I'm not basing this opinion on THIS game...but on last three years.

I've been saying it for a while - watch his crossing - it really doesnt get much worse for a "top tier" back.

welsh_andy said:
CTID1988 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
Therein lies the issue

He didn't have a good game before the card either, every pass seemed to go to a barca player
this and only this, ppl must be blind, he had a ok game, gd tackles but kept giving bloody ball away

He makes some good intercepts but unfortunately he has no idea of how to work as a unit or how to hold the line. His passing and mobility is better than Lescotts.

Aside from the late goal f**kup I thought 1:0 was a decent result with 10 men. We can still do them at camp nou but we will need an epic performance and probably a good measure of luck on the night. Also the penalty was a free, outside the box when contact was made but slid in. Hopefully kun and negreðo for the second leg with silva and nasri starting on either side of fernandinho and yaya. Nasty or javi beside kompany at Cb.
Bollox anyways.

bluemoon32 said:
Gutted but well played Barcelona, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit we got beat by a much much superior side.

As a general principle I'd agree with that.

Didn't happen tonight though.

Thought we did ok overall.
Referee was giving soft fouls all night till the Navas foul.Sending off correct,penalty looked right in real time,hindsight?
2. _ 0 harsh.
Vinny Zabs Fern excellent tonight.
Demechelis played great till sending off.
Only complaint was Nasri should have started in place of Kola.

BLUEMATT23 said:
I think we need a sense of perspective. Yes the ref was a joke and we got some poor decisions, but we have been fortunate in some prem games this decision.

15 years ago we were playing Macclesfield in division 3.
Win the domestic treble and we will be happy.
THIS!
It's been a great night. Stop moaning.

What happens if we are winning 2-0 in the 2nd leg? Does it go to extra time and pens?

Gelsons Dad said:
pudge said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Not only that but Vinny played Messi on leaving MDM not chance. He could let Messi go or bring him down outside the box. He brought him down outside the box but the ref gave the pen.
Or, you know, he could have stayed on his feet?

For once

and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.
Spot on .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.