City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

BlueMoonz1977 said:
we are the student and they still the tutor

we weren't at full strength and we are still learning especially in the top tier of european football - we met another level tonite and we will learn

As rational as that sounds, it's far too level headed here so soon after the final whistle.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
tie over

seriously cannot turn a 0-2 down at their game.

remember we will be playing against 12 at the nou camp. Refs have always favoured them at their ground

now to focus on the league.
We were playing against 12 at home....cnut of a ref....

cant believe some of the shite im reading on here, some people need to have a word with themselves. the lads put in a great effort today and were unlucky not to score, the sending off changed the game. we obviously didnt boss posession, anyone that is surprised by that needs to learn a bit about football. the second goal is a hammer blow, but its over, with sergio back anything is possible.

Gelsons Dad said:
pudge said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Not only that but Vinny played Messi on leaving MDM not chance. He could let Messi go or bring him down outside the box. He brought him down outside the box but the ref gave the pen.
Or, you know, he could have stayed on his feet?

For once

and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.

Watching him score would have been fine with me...as opposed to watching him score from the spot with 10 men on the pitch.

skybluecelt1990 said:
sh249 said:
Horribly unlucky. Nothing like we deserved. Even with 10 we created more, and far better, chances.

A lot of the stick Demichelis is getting is unfair - always liable to get caught out if you give the ball away as cheaply as Navas did with us moving forward. Might have been a foul, they'd have probably got one, but still poor. Once in the position he was in, Demichelis had to make the challenge. Prior to that, I thought he was very good - I'm a big Lescott fan, but he looked awkward as fuck when he came on.

Despite the disappointment of the result, I thought it was a really impressive performance. Tactically good, real desire, genuine bravery to get on the ball and play. Obviously tough now, but it ain't over - imagine we'll set up fairly similarly, and we can definitely hurt them at the back.

And David Silva is fucking awesome.

No he didn't! Why dive in and give away what is going to be a stonewall red card and penalty? It's Messi, he's going to score 1-1 with keeper 99.9% of the time, making the challenge is an utterly superfluous act, which just makes it harder on your team for the rest of the match.

Course he did. He didn't dive in to foul, he tried to win the ball, Messi was there a split-second sooner.
Every defender on the planet would have gone for the challenge and not just allowed Messi to walk in and score'

savo said:
welsh_andy said:
CTID1988 said:
He didn't have a good game before the card either, every pass seemed to go to a barca player
this and only this, ppl must be blind, he had a ok game, gd tackles but kept giving bloody ball away

He makes some good intercepts but unfortunately he has no idea of how to work as a unit or how to hold the line. His passing and mobility is better than Lescotts.

Aside from the late goal f**kup I thought 1:0 was a decent result with 10 men. We can still do them at camp nou but we will need an epic performance and probably a good measure of luck on the night. Also the penalty was a free, outside the box when contact was made but slid in. Hopefully kun and negreðo for the second leg with silva and nasri starting on either side of fernandinho and yaya. Nasty or javi beside kompany at Cb.
Bollox anyways.

He was run out off Bayern few years back FOR A REASON.
Wasnt first choice at Malaga...and now he's starting for City?

Just saying...

AliWaheed said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
I think we need a sense of perspective. Yes the ref was a joke and we got some poor decisions, but we have been fortunate in some prem games this decision.

15 years ago we were playing Macclesfield in division 3.
Win the domestic treble and we will be happy.
THIS!
It's been a great night. Stop moaning.

To be fair I'm usually one of the worst. But ambitions of the quad were always going to be a real long shot. I'll be happy with 1 or 2 trophies.
We will conquer Europe in time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.