City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

We still have a slight chance, possibility of Aguero being back, no Demichelles, we've got the players to do it even though I'm not holding my breath.

I was so confident you'd win this.

Sigh. I hope you still do progress, but I honestly think you're out now. You'd have to beat Barcelona by two at the NOU CAMP! I mean you never know, but... jeez its gonna be tough.

I didn't watch the game, how'd you guys play? What were the goals like?

Bruun said:
Not a single reason to be mad.

This game was well played by City. First 45 minutes, we had them in our pockets! A lousy referee making two crucial mistakes in under 30 seconds changed the game. First the foul on Navas, then the penalty to Messi. Demichelis should have kept cool and just let Hart deal with it instead, but that was a silly decision, which makes our away game much easier without him in the squad.

Hart played well, took the few chances they had, except for the last stupid mistake by Lescott.
Kompany was probably the best player on the pitch, what an inspiration he is for the squad!

I'm sure we can get something out of the game at Camp Nou, if we press high, and i mean very high. Every time they are at the ball we pressure the ball of them and have our full squad ready.

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Fernandinho - Yaya
Silva - Agüero - Nasri
Negredo

0-2 is not the worst. It could have been a lot worse with being 10 men against 11 for 35 minutes.

Agree with everything up to when you talk about the away leg. The game and tie were lost in those thirty seconds tonight. All we're getting out of the next leg is the experience, but it'll make us stronger.

If Aguero and everyone else (but mainly Aguero) are fit for the next tie,then we might be able to go on to the next round,if not at least win

remember arthur mann said:
Gelsons Dad said:
pudge said:
[/b]
Or, you know, he could have stayed on his feet?

For once

and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.
Spot on .

And wanker Childs say "how can you not give that as a penalty" when the evidence is right there in front of him .Fucking tosspot

BigOscar said:
I'm not having this bullshit about us not attacking. We played that perfectly and had them completely contained, while creating a fair few dangerous situations ourselves. The whole task was made far harder by a referee who gave them a freekick every time they lost the ball. Playing open against them would have been even more moronic than it was against Bayern.
Spot on for me

Pellegrini, really chickened out today, you guys were good defensively but you just knew they would score.
The scoreline is a blessing in disguise, now you will have to attack, whereas at 1-0 pellegrini would probably still played defensive.
You guys needed to play like you belonged there rather than hoping for a goal against play like stoke or something.

Attack Barca at camp nou or you'll lose any respect you might have in Europe which is little as you know.

Bottom line is two season defining games at home in two weeks, no goals and two defeats. Quite simply not up to it and not good enough when wit really matters.

Bruun said:
Not a single reason to be mad.

This game was well played by City. First 45 minutes, we had them in our pockets! A lousy referee making two crucial mistakes in under 30 seconds changed the game. First the foul on Navas, then the penalty to Messi. Demichelis should have kept cool and just let Hart deal with it instead, but that was a silly decision, which makes our away game much easier without him in the squad.

Hart played well, took the few chances they had, except for the last stupid mistake by Lescott.
Kompany was probably the best player on the pitch, what an inspiration he is for the squad!

I'm sure we can get something out of the game at Camp Nou, if we press high, and i mean very high. Every time they are at the ball we pressure the ball of them and have our full squad ready.

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Fernandinho - Yaya
Silva - Agüero - Nasri
Negredo

0-2 is not the worst. It could have been a lot worse with being 10 men against 11 for 35 minutes.

Agree with everything up to when you talk about the away leg. The game and tie were lost in those thirty seconds tonight. All we're getting out of the next leg is the experience, but it'll make us stronger.

jerseyblue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
pudge said:
Or, you know, he could have stayed on his feet?

For once

and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.

Watching him score would have been fine with me...as opposed to watching him score from the spot with 10 men on the pitch.
True. Although he did take him down outside the area, so the real dilemma was should he save a goal in exchange for getting sent off. He decided he should, and they were wrongly awarded a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.