City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Hate getting beat but it isn't the end of the world so I reckon best thing is to stay away from here for a few days.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
Sky Sporfs News ‏@SkySporfsNews 17m
BREAKING: Barcelona have appealed against Martín Demichelis' red card as they hope to have him back for the 2nd leg.
I would lol but too pissed off right now

Big Dave Watson said:
Bottom line is two season defining games at home in two weeks, no goals and two defeats. Quite simply not up to it and not good enough when wit really matters.

I think you dropped your dummy mate.

Hard luck that was, we played very well and acquitted ourselves well against a very busy and skillful team.
No shame in the result we just got pipped to the post another day we could have that scoreline.

Not going to read all the marde arses posts on here or i shall be banned due to my replies.
MD did well and it was a free kick, not a penalty, i also do not blame him for the tackle.
He had a tough choice to make.
I feel we did miss the dynamic nature of Aguero up front but still we showed decent composure when we did have a few sniffs.
Kompany was brilliant and the whole team tried hard and did well, Clichy needs a bit of confidence back but grew as the game went on.

It will be a hard way back but not impossible, either way we did alright against a very well drilled Barca.

Well done Barca, look forward to the return leg.

Shirley said:
AntonDonJuan said:
We played better with 10 men

But a massive FUCK OFF DEMICHELIS

And you
As an experienced defender, which he is, he should have stayed on his feet and let messi go. He chose to slide in as per usual and bring him down. His choice, he chose to bring him down.

He should bring his own joypad out for fifa which every button just makes him slide tackle

He actually had a decent game up until that point but it was a daft decision. If it stayed 1-0 we are still in the game, but it's not and demichelis getting sent off for a stupid tackle he was never going to win is the main reason for that

We were pretty good but didn't have the rub of the green tonight. Another world class center back and possibly a left back and we'll be able to beat anyone.

I was more disappointed for second goal. I could have megged hart and I'm pants at scoring.otherwise thought we played quite well and showed spirit when down to 10. Ctid

jesus, looks like the rags and anti-pellegrini bitters are on here tonight. i thought we were exceptional and were it not for a wrongly awarded penalty we would have gone to theirs at worst 0-0

If that is the standard of football where the sheikh wants us to be then we arent that far off.
Why one of the richest clubs in the world has an old man playing at centre half and 2 left fullbacks both on the pitch at the same time yet still unable to do the job of one fullback is beyond me.
every barca player is comfortable on the ball. We have lescott who looks like hed trying to control a landmine.
so for me I think we need a centre half and a left fullback and we are nearly there.

First let me say how proud I am of our lads tonight. MP made the correct team selection and did what was required which was not to lose a goal in the first half.

MDM should have let Messi go one on one with Joe, but hindsight is a wonderful thing in the cold light of day. I honestly believe that if we'd kept it 11 v 11 we'd have at least come away with a draw. BUT this is Barca and I was having it all day with colleagues in our Barcelona office who said they were respectful of the 'Mighty Manchester City' but they were also quietly confident. They said that although they battered a lowly Rayo on Saturday, Barca's performance was the nearest thing they'd seen to the old Barca in ages which didn't bode well for us.

As it stands, we did ourselves proud and irrespective of the result Pellegrini and the boys played football unlike Maureen-o and his brand of win at all costs anti football. Its progress boy and girls, progress. We were unlucky not to qualify in our first CL campaign and the less said about the 2nd the better, but the more we play at this level, the better we'll get as experience at this level counts.

2-0 is not insurmountable, but it will be difficult. In Barcelona hopefully we'll have a fully match fit Fernadinho, Negredo, Nasri, Milner and Aguero back. We've got nothing to lose so we must go for it in the return leg and I am sure we will. 5-6 years ago, who'd have ever thought we'd be hosting major European nights in the Champions League against Barca?

They say the difficult takes time, and the impossible takes just that little bit longer, we've arrived and look like we're here to stay. We'll learn from tonight and I'm sure we'll come out the other side the stronger for it.

We are a centre midfielder and a centre half away from being right up there.

We've known this for ages.

Easy to say but if we had bought the Poto players we wouldn't have had to spend anything next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.